RingCentral App - Preview Documents
You'll know that a preview is available for a file by the presence of a preview image right in the conversation stream. It may take a little while for the preview to be generated for longer files or those with lots of images.
Once the preview has been generated, click on the image to open up the Document Viewer.
You can do the following:
• Use the Left or Right arrows at the lower left corner or simply scroll through all the pages of the document. Buttons at the lower right corner allow you to perform the following actions:
• Upload a new version
• Download the original image
• View the original post in the conversation stream
• Share to another conversation
• Move to another conversation
• Edit the filename
• You can add replies right inside documents that have been shared. Just click anywhere inside the document to add a reply.
The pins in the document represent previous replies. Just click on a pin to see the replies. If there are any incomplete tasks associated with a given pin, the icon in the pin will be an unchecked task box. When all of the tasks associated with a pin are completed, the icon changes to a checked task box.
As with all messages posted to RingCentral App, the replies appear right in the conversation stream, with a reference to the file itself. Click on the file link and it will open the file in the Document Viewer with the pin corresponding to this reply already selected.
NOTE: PDF files will not generate a preview in the conversation stream anymore. However, you can click and open it in a new tab. You can also click on the Gear or More Actions... button to show other actions, such as to show where it was first posted and share. You can also add a reply to the file on the Right Pane.
RingCentral App | Overview