Salesforce app does not load on Chrome browser | Shows sad face icon
The RIngCentral Salesforce application shows a "Sad Face" icon when using the Chrome browser but works fine in Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer. Here is what the icon looks like:
1. Clear cache and cookies in Chrome to see if that corrects the issue. If not go to step 2.
2. Initiate Incognito mode (Ctrl + Shift + n) in Chrome and test to see if the issue persists.
3. If running in Incognito mode corrects the issue
- go back into normal mode and
- disable Chrome browser extensions.
Go to Settings / More Tools / Extensions
4. Once in the extensions section, disable all chrome extensions and test again.
- If this corrects the issue, you can isolate which Chrome extension(s) are the issue by turning them back on 1 by 1.
- Once identified, leave the Chrome extension(s) turned off that are causing the issue.
In a real world case, the Chrome extension that caused the issue was "Ghostery - Privacy Ad Blocker"