Assign a Limited Extension to a User
NOTE: Before proceeding with the steps below make sure that you are already logged in to your RingCentral Account as an Administrator. See Logging in to your RingCentral Online Account for more information.
1. On the the Admin Portal, go to Phone System, then click Group(s) / Other(s).
2. Click the Others tab, then click the Unassigned Limited Extension that needs to be activated.
3. Fill out the required fields, then click Save & Enable.
• Extension Number - Automatically assigned. You can manually enter a different (unused) extension number.
• Extension Name - Enter a name that will help you identify this extension.
• Extension Email - Enter the email address of the person who will use and manage this Limited Extension. An email with the Activation Link will be sent to the email address provided.
• Emergency Address - Emergency responders will be sent to this address when you dial local emergency services (e.g., 911, 112, 999, etc.)
• International Calling - Tick the box to allow International Calling on this Limited Extension's phone.