How to create a custom role
Custom roles can be created or modified by a Super Admin or an Admin with User Management > Roles permission. Admins can then specify the Permissions of the Custom Role.
NOTE: Custom Roles feature is available to Office Premium and Ultimate ONLY with up to 2 or more Users in the US, Canada, and UK.
1. Log in to the RingCentral Online account.
2. Go to Admin Portal > Users > Roles.
3. Click New Role.
4. Select a role to use as a starting point. Click Next.
NOTE: Both predefined and existing custom roles are available as a starting point.
5. Enter the Name and Description of your Role, then click Next.
6. Check the box next to the permission/s that need to be granted. Uncheck the boxes for those that need not. Click Create Role. See Permissions List and Details for more information.
For permissions specific to RingCentral Meetings, see RingCentral Meetings - Permissions List.
7. Click Assign to start assigning Users to this role.
TIP: You can also assign roles using the following methods:
• Assign a Role to One User
• Assign a Role to Multiple Users
User Roles and Permissions - Overview
Permissions List and Details
User Roles and Permissions - Predefined Roles
User Roles and Permissions - Edit a Custom Role
User Roles and Permissions - Set Default Role