Agent Adapter for Salesforce in Lightning Experience
The Agent Adapter for Salesforce uses the Lightning Open CTI connector and supports the Salesforce Lightning Experience desktop environment in conjunction with the Salesforce Classic environment. The Lightning Experience interface includes contextual hover capabilities, a contact history feed, record details, and related lists. For help using or troubleshooting the Lightning Experience, see the Salesforce help for Finding Your Way Around Lightning
Install Agent Adapter for Salesforce in Lightning Experience desktop by following these steps:
1. Log into the Salesforce org where you want to install the Agent Adapter for Salesforce.
2. Click on the App Launcher (upper left corner, beside Setup).
3. On the pop-up window, click Visit AppExchange on the upper right corner of the page.
4. Search for Nice inContact then click on the App.
5. Click Get it Now.
6. Follow the installation prompts, choosing the settings applicable to the business need.
Build a Lightning App to use Agent Adapter for Salesforce in Lightning Experience desktop by following these steps:
1. In the Lightning Experience view, click Setup.
2. Under Platform Tools, click Apps > App Manager.
3. Click New Lightning App.
4. Add app details and click Next.
5. Select Standard navigation and click Next.
6. Click Add > Open CTI Softphone.
7. Add a new label, or leave the default label, and click Next. No need to alter the panel scaling.
8. Click an item and the right arrow to add it to your new app. After adding the items you want, click Next.
9. Click a profile name and the right arrow to assign the app to the profile. After assigning the app to the appropriate profiles, click Save & Finish. Your newly created app now appears in the App Launcher and the App Manager.
10. Launch your new app.
If the Phone icon for Salesforce Agent do not show in the Lightning Console, follow these steps: