RingCentral Phone Desktop opens a large screen as if magnified
The RingCentral Phone application for Windows opens a very large screen as if magnified.
In the Windows operating system, users can set Environment Variables that control the behavior of the operating system and programs running on that PC. One of these variables is QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO which controls how large programs using the QT framework launch. As the RingCentral Phone app uses QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO, this variable causes the app to open exceptionally large.
1. Click on Start or Cortana Search then start typing "edit the system environment variables"
2. On the window that pops up select "Environment Variables"
3. In the lower section labelled "System variables", check if there is one labelled QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO
• If it exists, delete it then relaunch the softphone
• If there is nothing labelled QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO, click New under "System variables", then add a variable named QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO with a value of 1