How to upload a Template to update all Billing items
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online account.
2. Go to Billing > Cost Center Management.
3. Click on the vertical ellipsis/kebab icon (3 dots), then select Download Billing Items.
4. Enter your email address on the field provided, and then click Send.
5. Open your email and save the Template (.xls format).
6. Fill out the Template. To prevent errors when uploading the Template, follow the recommendations below:
• Follow the instructions in the Template carefully and ensure that information is accurate, properly assigned and formatted.
• Use the allowed file format: xlsx, xls
• Do not make changes to any columns highlighted in Gray.
• Do not add any additional Cost Center Codes within the template.
• Do not change the order of the columns, delete any columns, add any new columns.
• The Template will only contain Cost Center Codes which were previously setup in the Service Portal under Billing > Cost Center Management tab.
• The Template is not for adding additional Cost Center Codes. If you would like to add additional Cost Center Codes, it can be done in the Service Portal under Billing > Cost Center Management tab.
• You will always have the option to fix any assignment mistakes one at a time by logging into your account.
IMPORTANT: Avoid making changes to the account before uploading the template. Any changes to the account before uploading the template will cause the error: "Not a valid itemId".
7. On the RingCentral Online account > Billing > Cost Center Management, click on the vertical ellipsis/kebab icon (3 dots), then select Update Billing Items.
8. Click on the Upload File button to attach the updated Template. Once the file is attached, click Preview Upload.
• You will be presented with the full list of billing items, including those that will be updated. If there are no errors, click Next.
• You will be presented with the error list (if any) and you will have the option to download the file, fix the errors and re-upload.
9. Under Confirmation and Notification, you have the option to be notified when the billing items have been updated. Enable Email me when it's done, enter your Email address on the field provided, and then click Update.
Cost Center Management - Overview
Cost Center Management - Frequently Asked Questions