How to unassign a deskphone
This article is applicable to the following use case scenarios.
Use Case Scenario:
1. A user with a desk phone with a direct number (DigitalLine) is now working remotely. The user no longer needs the desk phone but needs to retain the direct number.
2. If the Administrator wants to reassign the phone to another user or extension. the Administrator must unassign the phone first in order to
How to unassign a phone and retain the DigitalLine?
A user with an assigned desk phone and number is now working remotely. The user no longer needs the desk phone but needs to retain the direct number.
To unassign a phone and retain the DigitalLine, follow the steps below.
1. Log In to your RingCentral online Account.
2. Go to Phone System > Phones & Devices.
3. Under User Phones, select the phone you need to unassign.
4. On the Phone details page, under Device, click Change Phone.
5. Select RingCentral Phone App.
This will free the desk phone from the phone number. The user will then need to log-in to the RingCentral Phone App using their phone number and password. The desk phone will now be on the unassigned phones list which you can reassign to a different DigitalLine and/or user.
6. Update the information for the new phone by clicking Edit Address under Emergency Address.
How to reassign phone to another user?
An Administrator may assign or reassign phones to specific user extensions. To reassign a phone to another user, follow the steps mentioned in Phones & Devices - Reassign phone to another user.