How to Troubleshoot Audio Issues when using a headset on the RingCentral Phone?
When using a headset in RingCentral Phone for Windows, the app mutes shortly into the call so the far end can no longer hear audio.
Operating System: Windows 10
RingCentral Desktop app version: 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3
Headset Brand/Model: all brands
Two issues could be causing the problem:
1. Windows 10 audio controls
2. The Automatically adjust microphone settings option within RingCentral Phone for Windows
The solution is to turn OFF or disable the option to automatically adjust microphone settings within RingCentral Phone for Windows.
1. Launch and log in to RingCentral Phone.
2. Click the Settings or Gear button.
3. On the Sound section, disable Automatically adjust microphone settings. This should resolve the issue. If the issue is still not resolved, continue below.
4. On your Windows PC, right-click the Volume icon on taskbar, and then choose Sounds in the menu.
5. In the Sound window, select Communications > Do nothing.
Click Apply, and then click OK.