How to send a fax to multiple recipients via email
1. The Fax Broadcasting feature must be enabled on your account before your proceed. To enable this feature, follow the instructions in Knowledge Article 11177: Fax Broadcasting Overview.
2. Ensure that your email address is set on your RingCentral extension. For instructions, go to Setting User Details.
3. If you want to use Email-to-Fax using other Email Addresses, ensure that your alternate email address is added to your extension's Trusted Email Addresses List for sending faxes. For instructions, go to User: Configure Email allowed to send Faxes.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your email address is added to only 1 extension's Trusted Email Addresses list. If your email address is added to more than 1 extension's Trusted Emails list, RingCentral will not be able to identify which extension is sending the fax, thus the fax will fail to send.
• To send a fax to an international number, enter (+) and the country code, followed by the phone number in the To: field, and followed by @rcfax.com.
• To send to multiple fax numbers, enter each number in the To: field separated by a semicolon (;) followed by a single space.
• You can also use the Cc: field to add more recipients.
How to send fax via email
NOTE: The steps below is applicable if the Fax Broadcasting feature has been enabled on your account and you are sending a fax message to 51 or more recipients at a time. If you have not requested to enable the Fax Broadcasting feature or if you are sending a fax to 1 up to 50 recipients only, please follow the instructions in Knowledge Article 6643: Sending Faxes Using Email (Email-to-Fax).
1. Open your email client, then compose a new message.
2. Enter the 10-digit phone number of your recipient in the To: field followed by the domain "@rcfaxbroadcast.com".
3. If you want to include a note and send a Fax Cover Page, type it in the Subject field of the email.
NOTE: The Fax Cover Page details and design will depend on what is set on your extension's Outbound Fax Settings. You can also configure your Outbound Fax Settings to remove the cover page when the email subject is blank. For more information, go to User: Configure Outbound Fax Settings.
4. Attach the documents you want to fax.
• Ensure that the attached files are supported. The filename of the attached files should not include ampersands (Example: &) or other special characters. For more information, go to Supported File Attachments for Faxes. Ensure that the total size of attached files does not exceed 20MB.
• You can also attach your customized fax cover page. See Send Fax via Email – Use a custom cover page to learn how you can customize your own fax cover page.
• Ensure that the email body is empty. Remove your signature, images or footnotes.
5. Click Send. You will receive an email confirmation containing the fax transmission results.
Fax Troubleshooting Checklist and Frequently Asked Questions