Enterprise Dial Plan – Max Extension Length
Key features and benefits:
• Increases maximum extension length from 6 to 8 digits
• Optional Outbound Call Prefix when using 7 to 8 digit extensions to help users indicate when they are dialing external vs internal numbers
• Some accounts may have to enable and configure Outbound Call Prefix to reduce conflict between Internal extensions and local external numbers.
• Enterprise Dial Plan - Max Extension Length format is supported when logging in or making a call on the RingCentral Phone for Desktop.
• Available to all RingCentral Office accounts
• Ideal for accounts with 1000+ users
• Contact Support to enable for your account.
• To help reduce conflicts, the Default Area Code (DAC) feature is disabled. To reach external destinations, users must dial full external numbers e.g. 6507774444 or 16507774444)
• If there is an overlap between internal numbers and external numbers, you need to enable Outbound Call Prefix.
• Support will have to enable Outbound Call Prefix for your account. Once enabled, you can configure it on the Admin Portal. For more information go to Enterprise Dial Plan – Outbound Call Prefix. Default Area Code will be enabled for this configuration.
IMPORTANT: When selecting the outbound call prefix digit, determine if the desired digit overlaps with special, reserved numbers based on your location(s). For example, in Poland the Fire Brigade number is 998 and Municipal Police is 986. If ‘9’ is selected as the outbound call prefix digit, it will create an overlap between dialing the Fire Brigade without the prefix (998) and the Municipal Police with the prefix (9,98). Other countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, and Costa Rica have similar special numbers.
Known Issues and Limitations:
● Enterprise Dial Plan - RingCentral Phone app for Desktop which supports Enterprise Dial Plan will be available April 4, 2019.
● Enterprise Dial Plan - RingCentral Phone app for Desktop does not identify International, country-specific abbreviated numbers when Outbound Call Prefix is enabled. e.g. 9, 112 where 9 is the outbound call prefix. Incoming fix for RingCentral Phone app for Desktop on May 14, 2019.
● Enterprise Dial Plan - Active Directory Integration does not import/sync Users with 6-/7-/8-digit extensions
Enterprise Dial Plan – Outbound Call Prefix | RingCentral
Enterprise Dial Plan - Site Codes | RingCentral
Enterprise Dial Plan - Configure Site Codes Template | RingCentral