|03/06/19 00:28 AM|
Enterprise Dial Plan – Outbound Call Prefix | RingCentral
|Summary||This article provides the guidelines and steps in configuring Outbound Call Prefix.|
OUTBOUND CALL PREFIX LIMITATION WITH FEDERATED ACCOUNTS (ACCOUNT FEDERATION ENABLED)
• Federated Accounts must use the same Maximum Extension Length & Site Code settings.
• Outbound Call Prefix (OCP) is optional.
• It is strongly recommended to use the same OCP setting and digit across all federated accounts.
• If OCP is enabled for Federated Account 1 (set to 9), but OFF for Federated Account 2, then no extensions in either account can start with the OCP digit (9 in this • case).
• If OCP is enabled for both Federated Accounts (set to 9 for acct 1, 8 for acct 2), then no extensions in either account can start with either OCP digit (8 and 9 in this case)
• Duplicated Extension numbers between federated accounts is not supported.
How to configure Outbound Call Prefix
1. Contact Support to enable Outbound Call Prefix on your account.
2. Go to Tools > Outbound Call Prefix
3. Enable outgoing call prefix Phones reboot when setting is enabled/updated. Active calls are not affected.
4. Enter the single digit that users will dial before dialing an external number. Click Validate & Save.
5. On the Adjust Extensions window, change any extensions that will conflict with the selected prefix digit.
6. If Site Codes are enabled, You will need to change any Site Codes and/or Short Extensions that start with the selected prefix digit.
IMPORTANT: When selecting the outbound call prefix digit, determine if the desired digit overlaps with special, reserved numbers based on your location(s). For example, in Poland the Fire Brigade number is 998 and Municipal Police is 986. If ‘9’ is selected as the outbound call prefix digit, it will create an overlap between dialing the Fire Brigade without the prefix (998) and the Municipal Police with the prefix (9,98). Other countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, and Costa Rica have similar special numbers.
Enterprise Dial Plan – Max Extension Length
Enterprise Dial Plan - Configure Site Codes Template
Enterprise Dial Plan - Site Codes | RingCentral