The On-boarding Settings section gives Administrators the ability to do the following:
1. The option to exclude the Main Company number in the welcome email when a new User is added to the account. Click here to learn more.
2. The ability to restrict sending an email to the user when a phone is assigned to their extension. Click here to learn more.
3. The option to add an On-boarding Template that allows email notification preferences to be managed at a template level. Click here to learn more.
This feature is available to RingCentral Office Standard, Premium and Ultimate plans on-demand. To activate this feature, Contact RingCentral Support.
How does it work?
Option to exclude the Main Company number in the welcome email
When a new User is added to the account, an invitation email is sent to the User to set up their account.
Before, the Main Company number is included in the invitation email. Now, Administrators have the option to exclude the Main Company number from the invitation email. If the Main Company Number is excluded, only the Extension Number, Direct Line and Email Address for login will be visible.
The On-boarding Settings option is available when you assign an extension to a User. You have 2 options:
1. Select Use Template, then select the template from the list. To create a template, follow the steps on this link.
2. Select No Template, then disable Include Main Company number in the welcome email.
Option to restrict sending an email to the user when a phone is assigned to their extension
This applies when a phone number (DigitalLine) is added and assigned to a User for the purpose of re-configuring an existing device for use with the RingCentral phone service.
Before, the User gets an email with steps on how to provision their device. A sample of the email is provided below.
To restrict this email from sending, you must first configure the User's settings.
1. Go to Admin Portal > Users > User list > Users With Extensions, then click on the name of the user on the list.
2. Under User Details > General tab, disable the option to Send an email when a phone is added.
3. Click Save.
4. To add and assign a phone number (DigitalLine) to the user, click on Phones & Numbers > Phones > Add Phone. Set the location and when asked to select a device, click the Other Phones tab, then select Existing Phone. You may also follow the steps in Add a DigitalLine for your 3rd Party/BYOD phone.
Option to add an On-boarding Template
A new option in the Templates section is available to allow Administrators to manage email notification preferences at a template level. This template can only be applied to new users.
To create an On-boarding Template, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Admin Portal > Users > Templates.
2. Click on the kebab icon, then select Add On-boarding Template.
3. Enter a descriptive name for the template, then click Save.
4. Configure your template preferences under Setup Notification, then click Save.