|01/25/19 16:00 PM|
FTP Site Type Options | RingCentral Contact Center
|Summary||This article includes the results and next steps depending on your FTP Site Type option. Click on the links below to jump to your specific option. Also on this article are the Outbound and Inbound Ports you need to activate depending on your location.|
|Inbound Ports Server IP Address||Inbound Ports from the Contact Center|
[back to top]
1. Why is SFTP Configuration / SFTP Key is on the form when External sFTP transfer is not an option?
It refers to the internal hosted SFTP. We offer Public Key Authentication, or SSH (Secure Shell), for customers who require this and want to supply their own public key. A key pair will need to be generated and the public key provided to NICEinContact.
2. What are the requirements for generating the private/public key pair?
A key pair will need to be generated and the public key provided with the following requirements:
• No PassPhrase
• 1024 Key size unless there is a requirement for a larger key size
• SSH2 option
• DSA option.
For assistance with SFTP setup, please contact your support account owner
3. How is internal SFTP and FTP different from internal SFTP no FTP?
The internal SFTP and FTP is a setup that provides the option for the customer to connect with both FTP and SFTP. They have the option to use either port 21 or 22. The internal SFTP no FTP means we remove that option from their connection settings, so they cannot connect with port 21.
4. Our File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is set to transfer files real time, why does it take awhile to get the files? We have a different timestamp on the recording as well. It transfers the recording during our after hours.
Files sent to FTP server will never be "Real time". The call recording process goes through several events before it can be queued for transfer, and there could be a possible delay along any of these steps. Real-time is the default, meaning to send the file as soon as possible. Or the other option is to schedule the transfers.
5. Is there a way to automatically purge recordings from the internal Hosted sFTP server after X days?
No, currently Time To Live (TTL) cannot set up on the internal hosted sFTP site. You must remove the files either manually, or by processing a copy/delete action when pulling call recordings from the FTP site.
6. What is the folder/directory structure for Call Recordings when transmitted to internal (hosted) or external (customer) FTP?
When an FTP site is created, customers have the ability to specific an 'initial folder'. In the screenshot below the 'phones' folder is identified, and we push files there as requested:
If an initial folder is not defined, then call recordings will be configured to save to a folder named for the customer's Business Unit (BU). This configuration will help improve FTP performance so that the server does not have to query/build a large directory folder when logging into the FTP account.
Within those folders will be sub folders that are arranged by Contact ID range:
The naming convention for the folders is the first seven digits represent the range of contact IDs found in that folder. This configuration helps ensure that we don't exceed any directory limitations for the maximum number of files per folder.
[back to top]