Omnichannel Session Handling - Sample Workflow
1. While working on an email, an agent gets a chat and starts interacting with a contact. During the chat interaction, the contact asks if the agent can email them a confirmation number.
2. The agent clicks the Email
icon (indicated by an envelope) at the bottom of the chat interaction and begins an outgoing email with the contact.
3. While the agent is writing the email, the contact requests a phone call.
4. The agent clicks the Phone
icon (indicated by a handset) at the bottom of the chat interaction and calls the contact. Now the agent is engaged with the contact via three different channels.
5. When finished with the call, the agent dispositions the phone interaction and hangs up.
6. The agent dispositions and ends the chat interaction as well.
7. Even though the email interaction is the only interaction remaining, it remains an omnichannel session. The email does not require a disposition, so the agent finishes the email and sends it.
This ends the omnichannel session for that contact. The agent resumes handling other contacts as needed.