RingCentral UK Release Notes - March 2019
What’s New & Improved
RingCentral Phone app for Desktop
Call Handling Updates
Hardware and Firmware Updates
● 64-bit RC Meetings App (Mac only): While the RC Meetings 32-bit still has full functionality, this 64-bit version ensures continued functionality on the latest Mac OS.
● Webinar Q&A Enhancements (Mac/Win):
○ Hosts, co-hosts, and panelists can dismiss answered and unanswered questions.
○ Hosts can enable public Q&A, allowing attendees to comment.
○ Attendees can upvote questions and view them sorted by upvotes.
● MacBook Pro Touch Bar Support (Mac/Win): Users now have the ability to manage RC Meetings controls using the MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
● Additional Updates (Mac and Windows):
○ Share computer sound only – Meetings users will be able to share computer audio without being required to share their screen.
○ Share part of a screen – Meetings users will be able to share a portion of their screen instead of sharing a single application or their entire desktop.
○ Push to talk – Users who wish to unmute temporarily to chime in with a short comment can do so by simply pressing the spacebar on their keyboard.
○ Native OS upcoming meeting notifications – Users will be able to receive operating system notifications (Windows and Mac) about upcoming meetings and join with just one click, even when your calendar app is closed.
○ Zoom into shared content in a meeting or webinar – Users will be able to zoom in on shared content during a meeting for easier viewing.
○ Option to test computer audio – Users can verify their audio is working properly before actually joining audio for the RC Meeting they have already joined.
○ Admit all participants in the waiting room at once – Users can save time by admitting all participants from a waiting room into the meeting all at once.
○ Real-time closed caption – Users can now view closed captions being typed in real-time.
○ Participants can save closed captions – Participants now have the ability to download and save closed captions from their RC Meeting.
○ Disable safe driving mode – Users can now disable Safe Driving Mode for all Meetings in their RingCentral Meetings mobile apps under the settings menu.
○ Local recording with screen sharing – Users can now configure local recordings settings to capture video during a screen share.
● Active Directory integration – Customers in the UK, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and Poland who have provided a city and state in their existing directory will now get their phone number mapped directly to their city.
● Local area dialling – End users in Mexico, Australia, and China are now able to dial numbers without adding their local area code.
● Language support – The RingCentral Phone Desktop app now supports simplified Chinese (zh-CN) and traditional Chinese (zh-TW／zh-HK).
RingCentral Phone App for Desktop enhancements
● Call delegation – A simplified view inside the HUD for assistants who handle calls on behalf of multiple executives. Admins can easily place, pick up, or even join an in-progress call to take notes or document follow up actions.
● Calls-only mode – When RingCentral services are unavailable, users can still access their RingCentral Phone Desktop app and perform basic functionalities such as making or receiving calls.
● Native OS incoming calls notifications – Users will be able to change their app setting to display incoming calls through a native desktop notification instead of an in-app pop-up window.
● Ability to pause/mute an automatic call recording – For accounts with automatic call recordings enabled, users will be able to pause or mute the recording to exclude sensitive information.
● Trust Site – An updated status page increases transparency by allowing customers to view service status across the RingCentral platform without logging in. Visitors will be able to view what services are impacted by feature and region.
● Links to Analytics Portal – Users will now be able to access the Analytics Portal directly from the RingCentral desktop and mobile apps.
● Accessibility support – Additional accessibility support includes screen reader voice readout and keyboard navigation across both the Admin Portal and RingCentral Phone app. Available for all RingCentral users.
● Audit Trail enhancements – Audit Trail now tracks changes made to call queue settings in addition to allowing admins to troubleshoot issues and capture other changes made by users that affect their systems.
● New job title field in User Details – The new field will be available in the User Details section of web administration. End users will have the ability to edit their job title and admins can sync users’ job titles from Active Directory to RingCentral.
● Custom fields – New custom fields allow company administrators to create fields in User Details which can be used to store company-specific data, unique identifiers, etc.
● Bulk device update – This update provides the ability to configure the settings of multiple IP devices in a single file upload.
● Welcome email options – Admins now have more options when sending onboarding emails, including:
○ Option to include main company number
○ Option to send welcome email when a phone is added
○ Option to use custom templates
● New Analytics Section in User Permissions – All analytics-related user permissions within the Admin Portal are now grouped together under one section.
● Admin account UI refresh – Part of an ongoing effort, this refresh provides a more consistent user experience.
○ International Calling – Calling rates are now better organised using tabs. It is also now easier to expand the full list of prefixes.
○ Payment Method – The type of credit card is now automatically detected when a number is entered.
Call Handling Updates
● Enterprise dial plan
○ Max Extension Length (8-digit) – Customers requiring a larger dial plan are now able to increase extension lengths from 6 to 8 digits. Multi-site customers can also configure longer site codes and short extensions.
○ Outbound Call Prefix – An optional setting allows users to dial a single digit to distinguish between dialling internal vs external numbers.
○ New site-code configuration template – A new template is available for site code setup which allows dial plan changes to be completed offline and implemented quickly after upload.
Hardware and firmware updates
● Display called party name – Hard phones now display the name assigned to the dialled extension, allowing users to see if they dialled the right person/extension.
● Caller ID for shared lines and presence – Hard phones now show Caller ID name when a call on hold is picked up via Presence or Shared Line Group.
● RingCentral for Salesforce 6.0 – This release (6.0) offers a new interface and several features that let users do more from within their Salesforce accounts, such as schedule RingCentral Meetings and access historical/offline call logging and a multi-call log option.
● Retention management API – This API allows you to change the default data retention policy from 90 days to a custom range.
● Resolved an issue that prevented an administrator from assigning an E911 address to an unassigned device.
● Resolved an issue that caused the status of some shipped device orders in the Device Orders list to be reported incorrectly as “Partially sent.”
● Resolved an issue where the phone number of an unassigned extension is not displayed in Unassigned phones.
● There are no known issues identified as of March 2019. RingCentral may update these Release Notes to document additional known issues.