RingCentral Phone for Mobile - Troubleshooting - Workaround for Samsung Note 8 App Permissions Monitor message
Samsung Note 8 phone has alerted RingCentral Phone for Mobile Users that RingCentral has been detected using Microphone. This happens at random hours a day, and random times.
• Samsung Note 8
• RingCentral Phone for Mobile (all versions)
The App Permission Monitor feature is turned on for the RingCentral Phone for Mobile from the Samsung Note 8's System Settings.
• The notification is due to the feature on Samsung Note 8 named, App Permissions Monitor.
• The App Permissions Monitor sends notifications even when some apps are performing normal operations.
• The RingCentral Phone for Mobile only accesses the microphone when you are in a call, it will never access the microphone in the background
• When the RingCentral Phone for Mobile is killed (either by system or user), the app will keep a background service running in order to make sure that the user can receive incoming calls.
• When the RingCentral Phone for Mobile's background service is activated, Samsung Note 8's App Permission Monitor will validate the permissions that the RingCentral Phone for Mobile has to make sure that the user can answer the call if it comes in.
Turn off the App Permission Monitor for the RingCentral Phone for Mobile from the phone's System Settings.
NOTE: The same workaround can be used if the App Permission Monitor's message is related to other permissions given to RingCentral such as Calendar or Contacts.
1. On your Samsung Note 8, go to Settings > Lock screen and security.
2. Tap App permission monitor.
3. Find and select RingCentral in the app list.
4. Turn OFF the Microphone by tapping on its toggle in RingCentral's permissions list.
• A blue toggle indicated that the permission is turned ON or enabled.
• A gray toggle indicates that the permission is turned OFF or disabled.
RingCentral's Development team is working on modifications to the RingCentral Phone for Mobile to avoid random messages from Samsung Note 8's App Permission Monitor.