How to Set your Caller ID by Phone or by Feature?
1. Click on the Settings tab.
2. Go to Outbound Calls/Faxes > Caller ID.
3. On the Caller ID section, decide what phone number you want to display as your Caller ID number for Outgoing calls and other RingCentral calling features. Click Edit on the phone/feature you want to modify, then select the number you want to use as the Caller ID.
NOTE: The available features will depend on which RingCentral plan your RingCentral account is subscribed to, and the Role/Permission granted to your User extension by your RingCentral account's Administrator.
Custom Caller ID: By Phone (Desk phone)
- To customize the Caller ID of a phone, click Edit
below the phone number. All phones (including softphone) with an assigned DigitalLine are listed so you can configure the Caller ID of each phone individually.
Custom Caller ID: By Feature
Below are the different features that you can configure to have a custom Caller ID. Click Edit
to customize the Caller ID for the feature.RingOut from Web -
Edit Caller ID for RingOut. For information about RingOut, go to Use RingOut
.RingMe (Outgoing to Caller) -
Edit Caller ID for RingMe. For more information about RingMe, go to RingMe - Generate a Button or Link
.Call Flip -
Edit the Caller ID for Call Flip. For more information about Call Flip, go to Call Flip - Configure a user's settings
.Fax Number -
The Caller ID selected is applied to all outgoing faxes. For more information, check the Sending Faxes section of the RingCentral Fax Resources
article.Mobile App -
Edit Caller ID for the RingCentral Phone for Mobile. Additional Desktop App -
Edit Caller ID for RingCentral Phone for Desktop.Common Phone -
Edit your Common Phone Caller ID. For more information about common phones, go to Hot Desking - Overview
.Alternate Caller ID -
Used if Toll-Free number or Blocked is selected as your Default Caller ID for any of your endpoints/calling features. This section allows you to select an alternate local number to use in case we detect that your call will not go through.
4. Click the Save button located at the bottom of the page to save your changes.