How to assign your RingCentral Phone for Desktop to a different computer
All Users with a purchased DigitalLine or IP Phone can use the RingCentral Phone for placing and receiving phone calls. The RingCentral Phone's DigitalLine should be associated with a computer for it to have the ability to place a direct outgoing call.
The computer with a RingCentral Phone installed can only make outgoing calls using the RingOut feature if it is not authorized.
• If your extension has a DigitalLine associated and you are setting up the Free RingCentral Phone feature for the first time, RingCentral will automatically assign the RingCentral Phone to your computer. Just make sure that you are using your Direct RingCentral Number or Main Company Number w/ your Extension Number and password.
• If you are using 2 or more computers, it is necessary to ensure that the RingCentral Phone is assigned to the correct Computer Name.
This article will guide you to determine which computer is authorized to place a direct outgoing call through the RingCentral Phone, and deauthorize it if you need to authorize a different computer.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to exit all RingCentral Phone used by the extension that you wish to configure before doing the steps below.
Click your role below to learn how you can deauthorize then authorize RingCentral Phone on your computer.
User (with no administrative access)
Users with no administrative access can follow the steps below in order to deauthorize a computer, then authorize a different computer to place a direct outgoing call using the RingCentral Phone.
1. Go to the computer that needs to be deauthorized, then sign out from the RingCentral Phone.
2. Log in to your RingCentral Online account.
3. Click Settings > Phones & Numbers.
4. Under Phones & Numbers, click Phones, and then click Edit on the RingCentral Phone that you want to deauthorize.
5. Click Deauthorize this Computer.
The RingCentral Phone should no longer be associated with this computer.
6. Go to the computer where the RingCentral Phone needs to be associated to, and launch the RingCentral Phone.
The system automatically detects that the RingCentral Phone on the other computer is logged in.
To check if you have authorized the correct computer, check the name of your computer and see if it matches the PC Name on the RingCentral Online account.
RingCentral Phone - Set up SoftPhone Outbound Call