How to configure outbound fax settings as an Administrator?
The Cover Page contains the Fax sender's and recipient's information. It does not have to be used if not needed. Both Administrators and Users can modify the Outbound Fax Settings, and select the default Fax Cover Page Template. For steps on how Users can modify the outbound fax settings, go to Fax- Configure Outbound Fax Settings | User | RingCentral. The following steps are how administrators modify the outbound fax settings.
1. Under the Admin Portal view, click the Users tab.
2. Click User list.
3. Under the Users With Extensions list, click the name of the user or extension whose fax cover page information needs to be updated.
4. Select Outbound Calls / Faxes and click Fax Settings.
5. Set up your outbound fax settings, and then click Save.
Cover Page Info
The following information will appear (auto-populated on the Cover Page) as the Sender's Information on the Cover Page when a fax is sent via the RingCentral Online Account, Email, RingCentral Phone for Mobile or RingCentral Phone.
• Zip Code
The Fax Number selected from the drop-down list will serve as your Fax Number (Outgoing Caller ID for sent faxes) when sending via the RingCentral Online Account and Email.
The default Cover Page template will be used when you send a fax message via Email. A preview is shown when you select from a list of available templates.
Faxes Sent via Email
This section will let you add Email Address permitted to Send Faxes.
It also lets you enable or disable the option to Omit cover page when email subject is blank.
• If this option is turned on (enabled), when you send a fax via email with a subject line the cover page will be used.
• If you send it without a subject line a cover page will not be used.
• If this option is disabled, a cover page is included each time you send a fax.
NOTE: You may go to the Fax Troubleshooting Checklist and Frequently Asked Questions article to find answers to questions related to faxing and basic troubleshooting steps for common fax failures.