User Phone Details Overview
Accessing the user extension's phone details section
Log In to your RingCentral Account as an Admin. Go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones > Select the device you want to check or modify.
User Phone Details
The phone's Device Name or Model Number appears at the top, followed by its Serial Number.
The Status shows whether your phone is Online or Offline.
The Assigned Type shows you the type phone this device is in your account. It could be a User phone, a Common phone, or an Unassigned phone.
Scroll down to know more about these settings.
1. Change Phone - This option will allow you to replace the phone. To learn more, go to Phones & Devices - Change a User's Phone.
2. Resync - This option will allow you to remotely reboot and resync the phone.
3. Name - The Phone Name serves as a Label for you to properly identify this device when configuring your Call Handling & Forwarding Settings.
4. Assigned To [User] - Shows the User and Extension where this phone is assigned to. You can re-assign the phone to a different User and Extension by clicking on Edit User. To learn more, go to Phones & Devices - Reassign phone to another user.
5. Assigned to [Phone Number] - Shows the Phone Number assigned to this device. Go to the following articles learn more how to modify this setting.
Phones & Devices - View phone number details
Phones & Devices - Replace the device's assigned phone number
Phones & Devices - Remove/Delete Deskphone from account
6. Bandwidth Settings - To improve the quality of your calls, you can set how much network bandwidth to use for calls:
• High Bandwidth - gives you better sound quality but calls can become choppy when its not available.
• Low Bandwidth - give you lower sound quality but ensures ni interruptions during your conversation.
7. Emergency Address - Shows you the Address that this device is using for Emergency calls. Emergency responders will be sent to this address when you dial local emergency services such as 911, 112, 999, etc. You can click Edit Address to update, and then click Save.
Phones & Devices - Access Phones & Devices Section