How to add a Local Phone Number
1. Go to Phone System > Phone Numbers.
2. On the Company tab, click the Add Number button.
3. The Add Number window will appear to guide you with the process. Under Select Numbers, select Local (Domestic).
Select the State/Province and Area Code so you can select a number. Select from the Available Numbers and then click Add Numbers.
4. Under Assign to Ext., select to assign the number to either the Auto-Receptionist or an Extension. If you're done making changes, click Next and proceed to Confirm Order.
When you choose Auto-Receptionist, the number that you will add will become an Additional Company Number, and the calls will be connected to your company's Auto-Receptionist.
When you choose Extension, the number that you will add will become your User's Direct Number, and the calls will follow that User's Greeting, Screening, and Hold Music and Call Handling & Forwarding settings.
5. On the Confirm Order step, you may review your transaction's Charges, Adjustments, and Taxes, Charges, and Fees. Tick the checkbox to acknowledge and authorize charges for the additional number, and then click Next.
NOTE: RingCentral has set limits for the protection of customers from fraudulent activities or over-usage. If you get a message saying that you have exceeded the maximum allowed value that can be processed on your account in a single billing cycle, please contact RingCentral Customer Service.
6. On the Order Confirmation step, you will see more details on your transaction. You may click Print to print a copy of the order confirmation. Click Done to complete the Add Number process.
NOTE: Take note of the Reference#: you can use this when calling support for any inquiries on this order.
RingCentral Online Account: Assign a Phone number to a Desk phone