Call Handling and Forwarding - Configure your own After hours Setting
If you are logged in as an administrator, click Admin Portal > My Extension
2. Click Settings
, and then click Call Handling & Forwarding
3. Click After Hours
Your User Hours is set to 24 Hours by default. If your User Hours is still set to the default settings, you will see a pop-up message after you click After Hours
. The pop-up window will ask if you want to change your User hours. Click Yes
to change your User Hours.
4. After clicking Yes
, you will see another pop-up that will allow you to set your User hours. You can set the time for each day manually and then click Save
. You also have the option to click Copy Settings to Weekdays
if you have the same hours of operations from Monday to Friday. Click Save
when you are finished setting up your User hours.
5. Configure the Call Handling Behavior for your After hours schedule.
After Hours Call Handling and Forwarding Settings
Send callers directly to voicemail
- Select if you want calls to go directly to your voicemail.Play announcement and disconnect
- Select if you want to play a recorded greeting, then immediately hang up.Forward Calls
- Select if you want to forward the call to multiple phone numbers in a specific order and have your greeting settings apply.Unconditional Forwarding
Select if you want to forward the call to a different phone number without having to go through your greeting settings. This option is good when you want the call to go directly to your personal voicemail when you don't pick-up.
On-screen steps will be provided when you proceed with the set-up. Follow the instructions.
Send Callers Directly to voicemail
1. Select Send callers directly to voicemail then click Save.
Play Announcement Only and disconnect
1. Click Play announcement and disconnect, and then click Edit to customize the announcement that your callers will hear After Hours.
The default announcement will just advise your callers that no one is available, and then disconnect the call. If you want to customize and play your own announcement, you can click on Custom and you will be presented with three (3) options:
• Record Over the Phone
• Record Using Computer Microphone
: There may be delay when forwarding calls to a non-RingCentral number. This is due to the time spent establishing a connection between RingCentral and the carrier of the forwarding number.IMPORTANT:
RingCentral by default plays an announcement when a call is forwarded to your home or mobile phone to help you identify how you should answer the phone, especially if you use the phone for both business and personal use. The Play announcement before connecting
feature, when enabled, will require you to press 1 to accept the forwarded call. If there's no action, the caller will be routed to the extension's mailbox to leave a message, and the message will be saved in the RingCentral User's mailbox. If set to Never, and you want RingCentral to keep your voice messages, either you set the number of rings lower than what is required to kick on the forwarding number's voicemail; or keep the Play announcement before connecting
feature enabled. You can save your voice messages in 1 location at a time. You need to choose where to save your voice messages; in your RingCentral extension's mailbox, or your personal device (landline / mobile phone).
1. Select Forward Calls.
2. Set the Incoming Calls Forward in this Order
• Sequentially - For Call Forwarding, once you add forwarding numbers, these numbers will ring one at a time, in order of priority.
• Simultaneously - For Call Forwarding, once you add forwarding numbers for Home, Mobile, and Work numbers, you can set these numbers to ring at the same time.
3. Click Add Call Forwarding Phone
to add additional slots for up to 10 forwarding numbers. To forward your calls to other Users' phones, click
and click Forward to Other's Phones
4. Enter the number in the field provided to receive forwarded calls.
Set the ring duration before the system tries the next number in the list.
To enable or disable your listed call forwarding number, toggle the button on the device you want to enable or disable.NOTE:
To rearrange the order of your forwarding numbers, just hold your mouse on the row and drag and drop the row to your desired order.
If the Desktop App & Smartphone
is enabled and you set the Ring For
to 0 Ring / 0 Secs,
the Desktop app and mobile app will still ring before it forwards the call to the forwarding number.
5. Clicking Forward to Other's Phones
will open A pop-up window. Select the User you'd like to forward calls to and click Done
. It will be added on the list of your forwarding numbers.
Select Unconditional Forwarding
to forward the call to a different phone number without having to go through your greeting settings. This option is good when you want the call to go directly to your personal voicemail when you don't pick-up. Enter the phone number on the field provided under Forward Calls
NOTE: There may be delay when forwarding calls to a non-RingCentral number. This is due to the time spent establishing a connection between RingCentral and the carrier of the forwarding number.