Shared Lines - Overview
NOTE: This feature is only available to all RingCentral Office plans in US, Canada, and UK. Additional cost may apply for new phone line and device purchases.
Click the links below for more information:
Adding Shared Lines Group
Shared Lines Group Settings
Using Shared Lines
• Allow calls and lines to be shared among multiple desk phones; answer calls on any phone
• Place a call on hold then pick up from another phone
• Supports up to 8 lines with 16 phones with any combination between (1 x 1) and (8 x 16)
• Compatible with all RingCentral Polycom phone devices
• Forward incoming calls to a specified extension after two (2) to sixteen rings
• Caller ID name is shown on hard phones when a call on hold is picked up via Presence or Shared Line Group.
• Efficiently distribute incoming calls within a specific group
• Easily reach a person at different phones without the need for call transfers
• Eliminate any missing call. Simply answer calls on any phone
• Easy to add and modify a Shared Lines group over the cloud, anywhere, anytime
• Included for FREE with RingCentral Office. No additional cost to pay for this function.
• All outbound calls from a Shared Lines group will have a consistent phone number instead of individual numbers or extensions.
• The ability to see the Caller ID name beforehand allows Users to greet customers in a more personalized way.
Shared Lines - Frequently Asked Questions
Difference Between Shared Lines and Call Queues
Shared Lines - Customize Music on Hold
Shared Lines - Set up Advanced Call Handling Rules
Shared Lines - Set up Call Handling for business hours and after hours