1. What information is presented when getting an incoming call?
|RingCentral Desktop app||Option / Information|
|1. Dialed number (To)|
This section shows the number that your caller dialed to reach you. If the caller dialed your main Company number, and then had to press your extension, the To: section will display your main Company number * your extension number.
|2. Caller's Information |
• If the caller is not in your Phone book, it will display the caller's Phone number, and the location of the Phone number.
• If the caller is saved in your Phone book, it will display the caller's Name, and Phone number.
• If the caller has a Caller ID Name, it will display the Caller ID Name, and the Phone number even if the caller is not yet listed in your Phone book.
You can use the Forward function if you want to transfer the call to another phone number, without answering the call. You can:
• Select from your list of Forwarding Numbers and then click Forward; or
• Type a Custom number on the space provided (one time use only) and then click Forward.
NOTE: You can configure the pre-set numbers on the list by editing your extension's Forwarding Numbers. You can forward calls to another extension in your RingCentral account by specifying that extension's Direct Phone Number. You can not use their extension number to forward calls.
Use this option to send a Text-to-speech reply to the caller. Select from the list of pre-set messages, or customise your own message, and then click Send. After you press Send, your message is announced to the Caller. For the Caller's options, go to Caller's Reply options.
NOTE: You only have 60 seconds to compose and send a Text-to-Speech reply.
Using this option will stop the ringing on your RingCentral Desktop app. The caller will still hear ringing sounds, until picked up on another Forwarding Number
, or until the caller is routed to your extension's voicemail.
6. To voicemail
• When you click To Voicemail, the call will go straight to your mailbox for the caller to leave a message.
• When you click the arrow and use the Screen voicemail option, you can listen and have the option to Pick up the call while your caller leaves you a voicemail.
Click Answer to accept the call.
Caller's Reply options:
After you press Send
when you use the Reply option
, your message is announced to the Caller. The Caller will be provided the following options:
1. To repeat the message, press 1
2. To leave a Voicemail, press 2
3. To reply with a "Yes", press 3
4. To reply with a "No", press 4
5. To reply with "Urgent, please call immediately", press 5
6. To disconnect, press 6
NOTE: RingCentral repeats the options three times and then disconnects if the caller does not press any option.
2. How incoming calls are displayed when calls come in to RingCentral Desktop app
When you receive an Incoming call on your RingCentral Desktop app, the default behavior is to Display the incoming call in the standalone window
. If this option is Enabled
on your RingCentral Desktop app, all incoming calls will be displayed on a separate window from your RingCentral Desktop app. To display the incoming calls in the same window (in RingCentral Desktop app), follow the steps below:
Click the Calls
tab, then under When calls come in
, Disable Display incoming call in the standalone window
You will know that this is Disabled
when it shows a Grey button
When you miss an incoming call, you will get a push notification
from the RingCentral Desktop app shortly after you miss the call.