RingCentral Messaging is a feature that enables users to exchange text messages using their RingCentral phone number or extension. This feature allows users to quickly correspond with individual colleagues or entire departments with the RingCentral Mobile App, RingCentral Desktop App, or RingCentral for Google. Conversations are synced across RingCentral Apps, and the online account.
RingCentral Messaging is integrated with RingCentral Conferencing and RingCentral Meetings, and allows you to join conference calls, and online meetings easily.
Features and Benefits
How it works
• Have one business number for voice, fax, and text messages.
• Send to any number and extension with up to 1,000 characters using the RingCentral mobile app.
• View websites or dial phone numbers with a single tap.
• Receive email notifications of incoming text messages.
• Messages sync across all your devices: smartphones, tablets, and computers.
• Tap to join a conference call via a text invitation without entering a participant access code.
• Exchange messages with individual colleagues as well as groups or departments, and view messages in a single text thread.
• Available to RingCentral Office Standard, Premium, and Ultimate customers.
• Latest version of the RingCentral Mobile App for:
• iPhone and iPad (iOS) works with iOS 7.0 or later
(now supports iOS 9.0)
• Android smartphones is available for versions 4.0 or later
(Android M not yet supported)
• Latest version of RingCentral for Desktop on a computer running Windows 7 (or later) or Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (or later).
- Receive and view text messages, along with voicemails and faxes, via Messages, Contact Info, Contacts, and Favorites.
- Initiate text messages from the Contacts, Messages, Call Logs, or Favourite screens using a single tap.
- Message individuals or groups from within your corporate directory.
- If a colleague is on the phone, use text messages to communicate without interrupting the call.
- Dial a number, visit a website, or join a conference or online meeting with a single tap.
- View conversation threads for individual messages and group texts.