RingCentral App - Reply to specific post
As a chat-based communication platform, the RingCentral App is focused on free-flowing conversation streams. There are occasions, however, where there is value in being able to make an explicit connection to something previously posted on the RingCentral App, especially when that item is no longer part of the active conversation.
In these situations, you can post a message as a direct reply to an item on the RingCentral App (i.e., event, task, file, note or link). That reply can be a regular chat message, a file, or even a task. For example, with a task, you could attach a file representing the finished product, ask a follow-up question, or post a status update (“Almost done.”).
• You can post a reply from the Details view for any item.
• Select “View Details” from the gear menu in the stream, or click on any item in the right pane of a conversation or in one of the apps.
• The Details view for the given item slides in over the right pane.
• Note that @mentions of the item are included here, as replies and @mentions are essentially the same thing on the RingCentral App (i.e., they are part of the item's "thread").
• Click on the + button at the left side of the compose box to choose what type of reply you want to post.
• Replies get posted to the stream just like any other message, but are clearly labeled as replies and reference the original item.
• Click on the link in the activity line for the reply (i.e., the "Update product roadmap" links in the two replies depicted above) and it will open the Details view for the item.