The steps below will guide you on how to add Google Calendar service with your RingCentral Rooms. Make sure you have already set up your Rooms system before following the steps below. See RingCentral Rooms | Getting Started to learn more.
RingCentral Rooms - Calendar Integration | Add Google Calendar
IMPORTANT: In order to integrate your Google Calendar with your RingCentral Rooms, you need to have Administrator access or contact your Google Apps Administrator to do the following core steps:
1. Log in to Google as an Administrator.
2. Create a dedicated user who can manage calendar resources.
NOTE: See Add users individually to learn how.
3. Create and locate the calendar resource.
NOTE: See Set up buildings, features, and other resources to learn how.
4. Open the Calendar app.
Make sure that you can see the calendar resource for each room under My calendars.
5. Navigate to a calendar resource for a RingCentral Room, then click the ellipses (...) to the right of the name and select Settings and sharing.
6. You will be redirected to the Calendar Settings page.
You will see your room / resource under Settings for my calendars.
Click the drop-down arrow beside your room / resource and select Share with specific people.
7. Under Share with specific people section, click ADD PEOPLE.
8. The Share with specific people pop-window will open.
Enter the name or email of the person to whom you want to share the calendar on the Add email or name field.
9. Click the drop-down arrow on Permissions.
10. Select Make changes and manage sharing.
11. Click Send when done.
12. Repeat steps for sharing each calendar (steps 5-11).
13. Sign into your Google account as the dedicated user who can manage calendar resources and open the Calendar app.
14. Subscribe to all of the calendar resources that are available for RingCentral Rooms:
• Next to Add Coworker's Calendar, click the plus (+) button, then Browse resources.
• Browse the resources and check the box next to the RingCentral Room resources.
Adding Google Calendar to RingCentral Rooms in your RingCentral Online Account
IMPORTANT: You need to be an Administrator or a User with Meetings access.
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online account.
2. Click Tools > Meetings.
3. Click RingCentral Rooms.
4. Click Calendar Integration.
5. Click Add a Calendar Service.
6. Select Google Calendar.
7. Select the email address associated with the shared calendar service for your organization.
NOTE: If the dedicated user for the calendar service is not shown, click Use another account, and add the credentials for that user.
8. Click Allow on the confirmation page that gives RingCentral Rooms permission to manage the calendars in the dedicated user’s account.
Once the configuration has been finished, you can go ahead and set up Rooms. More information is available on Setting up RingCentral Rooms.