After a forced upgrade to version 8.4.5, the app crashes when launching it. To resolve this, the app needs to be rolled-back to version 8.0.6.
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have Administrator rights on your computer to complete the uninstall and the install, otherwise, you won't be able to roll-back to previous versions. Contact your IT Dept to perform the steps below if you don't have Administrator rights on your computer.
2. Uninstall the RingCentral for Windows/Mac version 8.4.5
3. Download the 8.0.6 version from the links below:
4. Install the RingCentral for Windows/Mac version 8.0.6.
5. After install is complete, download config.ini file from here
NOTE: Do not modify the config.ini file
6. Put the config.ini file at the following location:
WIN: This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > RingCentral for WindowsMAC
: Go to the applications folder, right-click on "RingCentral for Mac"
icon and select "Show Package Contents"
. Select Contents > Mac OSNOTE:
Putting the config.ini file into those locations makes the app ignore/skip
future soft and hard upgrade notices and allow you to continue to use the currently installed RingCentral for Windows/Mac version. You will not receive any future update notices.
If you encounter any difficulties trying to locate thr RingCentral for Windows or Mac folders, you can download and run the following scripts. These will try to find the location of the softphone installation, and create the config.ini file.
: Download and Run script. You need to have Admin privileges.
For Mac OSx
: Unpack and Run script
7. Deauthorize the computer.
1. Login as Administrator on the RingCentral Online Account.
2. Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones > Select the Softphone you want to deauthorize.
3. Click Deauthorize this Computer.
8. Restart the RingCentral for Windows/Mac app.
9. Make sure the app version is at version 8.0.6.
10. Ensure basic outgoing and incoming calls are working.
11. If the app version 8.0.6 doesn't work, then contact Support.