RingCentral App - iOS - Overview
You will be able to access and configure the following when you open RingCentral App on your iOS device.
• Glip - Access all of your active conversations on the Glip screen. Tap the Search or Magnifier icon to search to find any person, team or post on RingCentral App. Tap the Plus (+) button on the upper-right corner to post a New Message, Invite, Create Team, New Call, New Conference, New Text, or a New Fax. You can also do the following:
• Swipe Right on a conversation stream to Mark as Unread / Read.
• Swipe Left on a conversation stream to Add to Favorites. Tap More (three ellipsis) to Unmute / Mute Conversation, Close Conversation or Call a recipient.
• Tap on any item from the conversation stream and tap the More (Kebab icon) on the upper-right corner. You can swipe left /right to view all of the information about the post that includes Files, Pinned, Tasks, Events, Notes, and Links.
• Press and hold on a chat or on an item from the conversation stream to Like, Bookmark, Quote Message, Copy Text, Edit Message, Delete Message or Reply to a Task.
Other Features in Glip
• Reply from push notifications - Respond to RingCentral App messages on-the-go instantly without launching the app.
• PDF / Doc viewing - Open files inside the RingCentral App - Android, such as PDF and Microsoft Office documents. Share those files to other apps on your phone. Just tap on the file and open with an app in your device.
NOTE: Your Android device must have a recommended document viewer app installed.
• Save photos and share to other apps - Download photos in RingCentral App - Android, and share files across your other Android apps. Tap on a photo from a conversation stream, tap once more, and then tap the More or Kebab (three vertical ellipsis) icon to Share File, Open In... or Save.
• Typing indicator - The typing indicator lets you know when someone is typing. This makes the conversation seem more like a real live conversation. It also helps avoid stepping on each other’s comments.
• Retain draft posts - Unfinished posts are saved when you leave the conversation or even when you close the RingCentral App.
• Contacts - Search and view your contacts on this screen. You can also tap on respective tabs to filter Company and Personal contacts, and Teams. See RingCentral App - iOS | Create new team with native iOS contacts to learn more.
• Team Events - This summarizes all of your calendar events across all of your RingCentral App conversations.
• Tasks - The Tasks page is your personal to-do list. A mobile version of the task list on your Dashboard from RingCentral App Web or Desktop.
• Phone - This is where you can dial RingCentral App contacts. See links below to see what more you can do.
RingCentral App - Mobile - Activate Telephony
RingCentral App - Mobile - Make Calls with Telephony
RingCentral App - iOS - Manage Call Logs
RingCentral App - iOS - Warm Transfer and To Voicemail
NOTE: Other features will appear after the Phone section if they are enabled in the Settings section. You can also tap on More (three ellipses) button to access Tasks, Team Events, Fax.
Tap on your Profile Picture to access and configure the following:
• Name - View your name and email.
• Presence and Custom Status - Set your Presence status from your RingCentral App - Mobile. See RingCentral App - Mobile - Presence Status to learn more.
• Me Conversation - View conversations of your self. You can put important here before sharing them to any conversation stream.
• @Mentions - View all mentions of your name from any contact in any conversation stream.
• Bookmarks - View all of your bookmarked items in RingCentral App Mobile or Web / Desktop.
• Settings - Configure Notifications, Phone, Meetings, and Calendar Sync in this section. You can also see Help and About.
• When you configure Notifications from RingCentral App - Mobile, it will also reflect on the Web / Desktop app and vice versa.
• When you configure incoming call ringtones, changes will only reflect on the mobile app. See to RingCentral App - iOS - Customize Ringtone for Incoming Calls learn more.
RingCentral App - Android - Overview