How to Purge Data Automatically on RingCentral Phone for Desktop
You may experience having problems when you use the RingCentral Phone for Desktop. One issue is when you cannot see new messages on the app. The most common cause of this issue is when the app-data folder is full.
When you experience having problems with the RingCentral Phone application on your computer, you may need to perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Most issues can be resolved by:
• logging out of your RingCentral Phone account, then logging back in
• rebooting the computer
• deauthorizing the RingCentral Phone on the Online account
If the issue persists after completing these steps, it may be necessary to purge the data associated with the RingCentral Phone for Desktop. Purging data can be done automatically on the app.
1. Click the Settings button.
2. Go to Support > Technical Support, then click Purge data.
3. Click Erase.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Log back in to the RingCentral Phone app.
NOTE: If the issue is unresolved, you may need to purge the data manually.
• Purge data manually on Windows
• Purge data manually on Mac