How to purchase an ATA Device
Purchasing an Analog Telephone Adapter can be done online via the RingCentral Online account, or by contacting RingCentral Sales for assistance. All Analog Telephone Adapters (ATA) purchased from RingCentral are pre-configured and ready for use when plugged in to your network.
NOTE: This is the second step in How to set up your fax machine to send and receive faxes for your RingCentral account.
To purchase an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), follow the steps below.
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral online account.
2. On the Admin Portal Go to Phone System > Phones & Devices.
3. Under User Phones, click Add Device.
4. Select Domestic for the fax machine's location.
5. Select the Fax Machine's Extension, then click Next.
6. Choose Cisco SPA-122 ATA, then click Add to Cart.
When you click Add to Cart, the device will be added to your Order list where you can specify the number of devices to be shipped. To proceed with your order, click Next.
7. You will be given 2 options for your device's number.
a. Use an Existing Number from your account - Select any non-Toll-Free number assigned to either your Company Auto-Receptionist, or Special Extensions on your account. Before you assign an existing number to your device, make sure that the number is not being used for any purpose. A Special Extension can either be a Message-Only Extension or an Announcement-Only Extension.
b. Purchase a New Number for your account - Purchase a Phone number to be assigned as a DigitalLine to your Existing device.
8. Select the device where you want to assign the number by ticking the box next to it, and then click Assign to Selected.
9. The Phone number assigned to the device is shown. Click Next.
10. Select the Emergency Address that will be assigned to the device. Use the address where your Desk phone is located. DO NOT include special characters in the Customer Name field.
IMPORTANT: This is the address that will be used in the event of an emergency call (911 in the United States and Canada, 999/112 in the United Kingdom, and such other Emergency Call Services as applicable in other countries) from this Analog Telephone Adapter. Be sure to update this address anytime you change the location where you use this Analog Telephone Adapter.
• If you have set an Emergency Address for a device before, select it from the drop-down menu.
• If the Emergency Address for the device you are adding is different from a previously set Emergency Address, click New. When you select New, the page will redirect to a window where you can Add new Emergency Address. Fill out the Emergency Calling Address form. Make sure you read the terms and conditions, then tick the checkbox to Accept the Terms, and then click I Accept.
11. Select the device where the Emergency Address will be applied, then click Assign to Selected.
12. Click Next.
13. Select the Shipping Address for your order from the drop-down list. If you are unable to find the correct Shipping address on the drop-down list, you can add a New Shipping Address by clicking on New.
If you click New, the page will redirect to a window where you can add a new Shipping Address. Click Save address so you can use it in the future, then click Add.
14. Select the Existing Device, then click Create Shipping Group.
15. Click Next.
16. Tick the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the charges for your order, and then click Next.
17. Click Done.
NOTE: To check the status of your order, go to How to check the Shipping Status of Ordered Phones.