How to enable an Unassigned User Extension
1. Log in to your RingCentral account as an administrator.
2. Click on the Users tab.
3. Go to Unassigned Extensions, then select the extension that you want to activate and assign to a User.
4. Enter the required User Details:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Job Title
• Email Address
• Assigned Role
• Extension Number
• Direct Number
• Mobile Phone
• Contact Phone
5. Set the User's Language and Regional Format.
6. Set Up Options: Select how you plan to set up the user account. You have 2 choices:
• Set up by the user: If you select this option, the User will get a welcome email and requires email confirmation to proceed to the full account setup flow.
• Set up by the admin on behalf of the user: This option allows you to use the default configuration for the user account. Unlike "Set up by the user," the user will receive an email confirmation to only proceed to password creation. You can also suppress the confirmation email to be sent to the user by disabling Send a welcome email to the user to enable login and resend the welcome email until the user's profile and configuration is set up.
7. Click Setup User or Save & Enable.
8. Click OK on the confirmation window.