Setup 3rd Party/BYOD Cisco phones to work with RingCentral | Manual Provisioning
Phones supported for manual provisioning
• Cisco phones that are not listed here.
• NOTE: Cisco 79xx (7940 and 7960), Cisco 89xx and Cisco 99xx Series do not work with RingCentral.
Requirements before you proceed to setup your phone:
1. Check on this list if your phone is supported by Assisted Provisioning: RingCentral - List of Supported Phones.
If so, follow the instructions on this guide: Assisted Provisioning | Cisco/Linksys IP Phones
2. If you purchased your device from a different provider, make sure that the phone is unlocked before you proceed.
You may encounter an error that the phone is not registering with RingCentral. This may mean that the phone is locked with your previous provider. Please contact your previous provider's support to have the phone unlocked.
3. You need to add a Local Phone Number and assign the Phone number to your Desk phone.
Steps for Manual Provisioning
1. Add a Local Phone Number and assign it to your existing Cisco phone.
2. Get the SIP Settings from your RingCentral Online account.
3. Access Phone's user web interface to enter SIP Settings.
Refer to your phone's user guide or contact your phone's support hotline for specific instructions.
NOTE: RingCentral does not provide additional support for phones purchased from third party vendors. For product support on devices not purchased from RingCentral, please refer to the product's vendor for support.
NOTE: Some RingCentral desk phone features will not work on manually provisioned phones. It may vary depending on your desk phone model.
Checking the Status of your Phone
To check if your Cisco phone is Online
after manual provisioning, go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones
. Your phone is Online
when you see a Green Check
next to it.