Advanced Call Handling - Set up Custom Holiday Hours | RingCentral
If you are an Administrator and want to set your Company's Holiday hours
, go to Setting up your Company’s Holiday Schedule Call Handling Rule
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online Account
2. Click Settings,
then click Call Handling & Forwarding
3. Select Advanced
and click + Add Rule
4. Set a name for the rule you are about to create.
In this example, you will create a Call handling rule to be applied on Independence day 2018.
5. Click on Date and/or Time
and select Specific Date Range
6. Set the Date
when the rule will be applied and click Next
icon to add another schedule.
7. Configure the Call Handling for your custom Holiday Hours rule. Follow the step-by-step on-screen instructions.
|Forward Calls||Select if you want to forward the call to multiple phone numbers in a specific order and have your RingCentral greeting settings apply.|
|Take Messages Only||Send callers to voicemail.|
|Play Announcement Only||Play a pre-recorded announcement and end the call afterwards.|
|Unconditional Forwarding||Select if you want to forward the call to a different phone number without having to go through your RingCentral greeting settings. This option is good when you want the call to go directly to your personal voicemail when you don't pick-up.|
Select this action if you want to forward the call to multiple phone numbers in a specific order and have your greeting settings apply.
1. Select Forward Calls.
2. Click Screening, Greeting and Hold Music, and configure your preferred settings.
Take Messages Only
This option will send your callers directly to your voicemail.
1. Select Take Messages Only
2. Default Voicemail Greeting"Your call has been forwarded to the voicemail for <your name>. No one is available to take your call. At the tone, please record your message. When you've finished recording, you may hang up or press the # key for more options."
under Voicemail Greeting
to configure what your callers will hear before they leave their voice message.NOTE:
You can keep the default greeting, or you can customize by recording your own greeting or by uploading a pre-recorded audio file. For instructions, go to Voicemail - Setup User's voicemail greeting | Admin | RingCentral
3. The voicemail messages are saved in your mailbox by default. If you want to save your voicemail message in another Extension's mailbox, select the name of the Extension that will receive your voicemail messages, and then click Save
4. Click Save
. The custom rule that you created will be listed under the Advanced Call Handling rules.
Play Announcement Only
Play a pre-recorded announcement and end the call afterwards.
1. Select Play Announcement Only.
NOTE: The Default Announcement says "No one is available to take your call. Thank you for calling. Goodbye!". If you want to use the default announcement, click Done. If you want to use your own announcement, proceed to Step 2 below.
2. Click Edit under Announcement Greeting.
3. Click Custom. There are 3 ways to customize the Announcement. Follow the on-screen steps to continue with your selected option.
• Record Over the Phone
• Record Using Computer Microphone
4. Click Save.
Select if you want to forward the call to a different phone number without having to go through your greeting settings. This option is good when you want the call to go directly to your personal voicemail when you don't pick-up.
1. Select Unconditional Forwarding.
2. Enter the phone number on the field provided, and then click Save.