Number Porting - Transfer your Toll-Free Number to RingCentral
1. Prepare these requirements before submitting Toll-Free numbers for number porting/transfer: Requirements for Number Porting
2. Go to Phone System > Phone Numbers > Transferred and Vanity tab. Click Transfer Numbers.
3. Click Toll-Free Number.
On the Pre-Check window, click Yes to confirm that you have the latest bill ready to be uploaded for the number you are transferring. If you answer No, please prepare the latest bill first and then proceed to transfer number to RingCentral.
5. Transfer Numbers
Enter your Toll-Free Number, and then click Next. The next box will confirm if the entered number is ready for transfer. Click Next.
6. Date and Mapping
- If you want to replace an existing number, click Select Temporary Number to match the number you are transferring with an existing number. Once the Number is ported the temporary number will be replaced.
- If you want to add the transferred number as an additional number to your account, skip this step and click Next. An estimated fee of $4.99 will be applied for every additional number in the account.
7. Account Confirmation
Enter all information exactly as your current phone company has it on file. It may require you to contact your current provider.
- 1. Type of Account - State if Business or Residential
- 2. Name on Account - Enter the name of the person authorized to make changes to the account.
- 3. Company Name - Only include if on the bill copy. Enter the company name exactly as it appears on your phone bill from the other provider.
- 4. Service Address - Provide the physical service address of the phone number. Do not enter billing addresses or P.O. boxes.
- 5. Your Contact Phone Number - Enter a number where we can call you if there is a problem with the port request.
- 6. Account Number - Enter the Account Number where the number you are transferring is associated with. Tick the box next to it if the number you are requesting to transfer is a mobile number.
- 7. Account PIN or last 4 digits of Social Security Number - Account PIN/Passcode/Password if available can be obtained from your current provider.
NOTE: The information entered should match the latest bill from the phone company from which you are transferring your number. Incorrect information will result in a long processing time of your number port. For corrections, click the Back button. Otherwise, click Next.
8. Enter your email address to receive all number porting notification emails, and then click Next.
• If this is left blank, all notification emails will be sent to the System Admin user.
9. Click Download LOA to download the Letter of Authorization (LOA). Read and Sign the LOA.
Upload signed LOA and a copy of the latest bill of the number being transferred.
Attach files then click Complete.
• Click Browse to locate the file in your computer. (File must be .PDF)
• Click Attach to upload the file.