RingCentral Phone App - Troubleshooting | No sound after Windows 10 v1083 upgrade from v1079
There is no audio in calls when using RingCentral Phone app for Windows 10 update 1803.
RingCentral Phone app for Windows
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update Windows 10 to version 1803
2. Launch RingCentral Phone app
3. Make or receive a call
RingCentral App does not produce any audio.Expected Behavior:
Audio should work with no issues.Workarounds:
There are currently 2 workarounds for this issue. Follow the steps below to resolve:
1. Search "microphone privacy settings" in WIndow 10 and the setting menu will appear.
2. Set “Allow access to the Microphone on this device” - Switch to ON.
3. Allow apps to access your microphone - Switch to ON.
IMPORTANT: You may not see RingCentral app on the list so just make sure to Switch ON both of the settings. You would still be able to turn off the apps you don't need.
4. Restart system.
2nd option: System recovery as explained below:
1. Go to Start >Type CMD.
2. Right click and run as Administrator (called an elevated command prompt).
3. Type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/").
4. Wait until completion.
5. MS article states that in some cases this procedure needs to be repeated up to 3 times in order to resolve all of the issues.
6. Restart system.