RingCentral Phone for Desktop: Allow the Phone app on your Windows PC or Mac Firewall
This article describes how to allow the RingCentral Phone for Desktop app on your PC or Mac Firewall. For information on advanced Firewall Settings for the RingCentral service, go to RingCentral Network Requirements and Recommendations: Firewall Control
Allow the RingCentral Phone app on Mac
To allow a specific app to receive incoming connections, add it using Firewall Options:
1. Open System Preferences.
2. Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon.
3. Select the Firewall tab.
4. Click the lock icon in the preference pane, then enter an administrator name and password.
5. Click the Firewall Options button
6. Click the Add Application (+) button.
7. Select the RingCentral for Desktop app to allow incoming connection privileges.
8. Click Add.
9. Click OK.
Allow the RingCentral Phone app on Windows
1. Click the Start
menu from your desktop and type in Control Panel
2. Select the System and Security
3. Under Windows Defender Firewall
, click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall
4. Click Change Settings
5. Look for the RingCentral Phone for Desktop app and click the box next to it under the appropriate network to allow it through Windows Firewall.