The steps below will guide RingCentral account Administrators in adding a DigitalLine for a User's RingCentral Phone. This will authorize a User's computer to place an outgoing call via the RingCentral Softphone.
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online Account as an Administrator.
2. On the Admin Portal page, click Users.
3. The User list section will automatically load with the list of Users With Extensions. Click the name of the User that you want to modify.
4. Click on Phones & Numbers > Phones, and then click Add Phone.
5. Click Domestic as the location, and then click Next.
NOTE: For instructions on how to add a Desk phone that will be used in an International location, go to Adding a RingCentral Global Office Number through the Online Account.
6. Select Other Phones > RingCentral Phone app, and then click Add to Cart.
7. Specify the number of Phone Number / DigitalLine under QTY, and then click Next.
8. You will be given 2 options for your Existing device's number.
a. Use an Existing Number from your account - You can select any non-Toll-Free number assigned to either your Company Auto-Receptionist, or Special Extensions on your account. A Special Extension can either be Setting Up a Messages-Only Extension or an Setting Up an Announcements-Only Extension.
b. Purchase a New Number for your account - You can purchase a Phone number to be assigned as a DigitalLine to your Existing device.
9. Select the device where you want to assign the number by ticking the box next to it, and then click Assign to Selected.
10. The Phone number assigned to the RingCentral Phone is shown. Click Next.
11. Select the Emergency Address that will be assigned to the phone.
• If you have set an Emergency Address for a device before, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
• If the Emergency Address for this device you are adding is different from a previously set Emergency Address, click New.
When you select New, the page will redirect to a window where you can Add new Emergency Address.
Fill out the Emergency Calling Address form.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions, then tick the checkbox to Accept the Terms, and then click I Accept.
NOTE: Use the address where the computer (where the RingCentral Phone is installed) is located. DO NOT include special characters in the Customer Name field.
IMPORTANT: This is the address that will be used in the event of an emergency call (911 in the United States and Canada, 999/112 in the United Kingdom, and such other Emergency Call Services as applicable in other countries) from this RingCentral Desk phone. Be sure to update this address anytime you change the location where you use this RingCentral Desk phone.
12. Select the device where the Emergency Address will be applied, and then click on Assign to Selected.
13. Click Next.
14. Select the Shipping Address. There is no phone to be shipped since you are only adding a DigitalLine for the RingCentral Phone.
You can select a Shipping Address from the drop-down list. You can also add a New Shipping Address by clicking on New.
If you click New to add a new Shipping Address, the page will redirect to a window where you can add a new Shipping Address. You can click Save address so you can use it in the future, and then click Add.
15. Select RingCentral Phone app and then click Create Shipping Group.
16. Click Next.
17. Tick the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the charges for the Phone number / DigitalLine, and the click Next.
18. Click Done.
After adding a DigitalLine, have the User download and install the RingCentral Phone, and then log in to their Extension. If the User intends to use this DigitalLine for a 2nd computer, have the User log in using the DigitalLine number and Password, instead of the Main Number + Ext# + Password.