NOTE: This article provides steps for RingCentral Office Administrators on the Online Account. For RingCentral Meetings-only accounts, go to RingCentral Meetings Account - Configure Meetings Settings.
Meetings Settings - Admin
IMPORTANT: Only the Super Admin, the Group Manager, Phone System Admin, and User Admin can make and lock changes for your account.
Administrators can go to Tools > Meetings > Meetings from the Admin Portal page.
From here, Administrators can enable or disable Meetings features for all Users in the account. Administrators can also click on the Lock button to prevent Users from changing their individual settings.
• When Administrators enable or disable a feature/s, Users can still change the setting for their own extension settings.
• When a feature is locked, Users will not be able to change the setting from their own extension settings.
In-meeting Chat is enabled and locked. All users will have Chat enabled on their meeting and they cannot disable it.
Below are the Meetings features that Administrators can enable and disable for the account.
In Meetings (Basic)
• End-to-end encryption - Require that all meetings are encrypted using AES. See RingCentral Meetings End-To-End Encryption to learn more.
• Chat - Allow meeting participants to send a message visible to all participants.
• Private chat - Allow meeting participants to send a private 1:1 message to another participant.
• Auto saving chats - Automatically save all in-meeting chats so that hosts do not need to manually save the text of the chat after the meeting starts. See RingCentral Meetings - Auto-saving Chats to learn more.
• Play sound when participants join or leave - Play sound when participants join or leave
• Feedback to RingCentral - Add a Feedback tab to the Windows Settings or Mac Preferences dialog, and also enable users to provide feedback to RingCentral at the end of the meeting
• Display end-of-meeting experience feedback survey - Display a thumbs up/down survey at the end of each meeting. If participants respond with thumbs down, they can provide additional information about what went wrong.
• Co-host - Allow the host to add co-hosts. Co-hosts have the same in-meeting controls as the host.
• Allow host to put attendees on hold - Allow hosts to temporarily remove an attendee from the meeting. See RingCentral Meetings - Desktop | Assign a New Host or Co-Host to learn more.
• Always show meeting control toolbar - Always show meeting controls during a meeting. See RingCentral Meetings - Allow Host to put Attendee on hold | Host Controls to learn more.
• Allow to share RingCentral windows in desktop sharing - Show RingCentral Desktop application when sharing screen.
• Annotation - Allow participants to use annotation tools to add information to shared screens. See RingCentral Meetings - Desktop | Add Notes or Annotations to learn more.
• Whiteboard - Allow participants to share a whiteboard that includes annotation tools.
• Remote control - During screen sharing, the person who is sharing can allow others to control the shared content. See RingCentral Meetings - Remote Support to learn more.
• Nonverbal feedback - Participants in a meeting can provide nonverbal feedback and express opinions by clicking on icons in the Participants panel. See RingCentral Meetings - Non-verbal feedback to learn more.
In Meeting (Advanced)
• Breakout room - Allow host to split meeting participants into separate, smaller rooms. See RingCentral Meetings - Breakout Rooms to learn more.
• Remote support - Allow meeting host to provide 1:1 remote support to another participant. See RingCentral Meetings - Remote Support to learn more.
• Closed captioning - Allow host to type closed captions or assign a participant/third party device to add closed captions. See RingCentral Meetings - Closed Caption - Host Controls to learn more.
• Far end camera control - Allow another user to take control of your camera during a meeting. See RingCentral Meetings - Far end camera control | Host Controls to learn more.
• Group HD video - Activate higher quality video for host and participants. (This will use more bandwidth.)
• Virtual background - Allow users to replace their background with any selected image. Choose or upload an image in the RingCentral Desktop application settings. See RingCentral Meetings - Desktop - Virtual Background to learn more.
• Identify guest participants in the meeting/webinar - Participants who belong to your account can see that a guest (someone who does not belong to your account) is participating in the meeting/webinar. The Participants list indicates which attendees are guests. The guests themselves do not see that they are listed as guests.
• Peer to Peer connection while only 2 people in a meeting - Allow users to directly connect to one another in a 2-person meeting.
• Only show default email when sending email invites - Allow users to invite participants by email only by using the default email program selected on their computer.
• Use HTML format email for Outlook plugin - Use HTML formatting instead of plain text for meeting invitations scheduled with the Outlook plugin.
• DSCP marking - Determine classification for network traffic. Enable DSCP marking for signaling and media packets. See RingCentral Meetings - QoS DSCP Marking to learn more.
• Allow users to select stereo audio in their client settings - Allow users to select stereo audio during a meeting.
• Allow users to select original sound in their client settings - Allow users to select original sound during a meeting.
• Screen sharing - Allow host and participants to share their screen or content during meetings.
• Attention tracking - Lets the host see an indicator in the participant panel if a meeting/webinar attendee does not have RingCentral in focus during screen sharing. See RingCentral Meetings - Attention Tracking | Host Controls to learn more.
• Waiting room - Attendees cannot join a meeting until a host admits them individually from the waiting room. If Waiting room is enabled, the option for attendees to join the meeting before the host arrives is automatically disabled. See RingCentral Meetings - Waiting Room - Host Controls to learn more.
• Show a "Join from your browser" link - Allow participants to bypass the RingCentral application download process, and join a meeting directly from their browser. This is a workaround for participants who are unable to download, install, or run applications. Note that the Meeting experience from the browser is limited.See RingCentral Meetings - Join meetings on a web browser to learn more.
• When a cloud recording is available - Notify host when cloud recording is available.
• When attendees join meeting before host - Notify host when participants join the meeting before them.
• When a meeting is cancelled - Notify host and participants when the meeting is cancelled.
• Blur snapshot on iOS task switcher - Enable this option to hide potentially sensitive information from the snapshot of the RingCentral main window. This snapshot display as the preview screen in the iOS tasks switcher when multiple apps are open.
• Only signed-in users can join meetings - Participants must always sign in before joining the scheduling meeting.
• Upcoming meeting reminder - Receive desktop notification for upcoming meetings. Reminder time can be configured in the RingCentral Desktop Client.
• Local recording and Automatic recording - Allow hosts and participants to record the meeting to a local file. See RingCentral Meetings - Recording to learn more.
• Automatic recording - Record meetings automatically as the start. See RingCentral Meetings - Recording to learn more.
RingCentral Meetings - Settings - User