How to Add a Message-Only Extension
Step 1: Add a Message-Only Extension
1. Under Phone System > Groups, go to the Others tab and click the New Message-Only Extension.
2. Enter the Extension Number, Extension Name, and Email address of the Extension user, and then click Save.
Step 2: Activating your Messages-Only extension
You will receive an email confirmation for the user extension. Click the confirmation link provided in the email and follow the on-screen instructions. If you want to skip the activation process, you can always go back to it and resend a welcome email where the link can be found to activate it.
1. Under Groups > Others, select your Message-Only Extension.
NOTE: An activated extension will have a Green status indicator. A Gray status indicator means that the extension has not yet been activated. Select the extension you want to activate. (Message Only Team in this example.)
2. On the Extension Info tab, click Resend Welcome Email.
3. Check your email and click on the link provided to activate the new extension.
Step 3: Add a Direct Number to your Message-Only Extension
1. Click the Message-Only Extension.
2. Click the Direct Numbers tab. On the Direct Numbers tab, click Add Direct Number
3. Select either Local (Domestic), Toll-Free, Vanity, or International Number. Follow the on-screen steps to continue. For more details on the steps, go to Groups - Add a Direct Number | RingCentral Online Account
Step 4: Configuring a Messages-Only Extension
Once the Messages-Only Extension has been activated, you can now configure its settings. The following can be modified at this point:
• Extension Info
allows you to edit the extension number, name, contact email address, security settings (password, security question and answer), and regional settings (time zone, time format, home country code, and greetings language) of a specific extension. You may also disable and delete your extension in this section.• Direct Numbers
lets you create toll-free, local and vanity numbers where calls will be routed to. • Messages and Notifications
enable you to set up the extension’s voicemail greeting, assign an extension/user as the message recipient, preview messages and voicemail, and modify notification settings.