Announcement-Only Extension - Overview
IMPORTANT: You need to be an account Administrator to perform the actions indicated in this article.
Make sure that you are currently logged in to your RingCentral Online account as an Administrator. See Logging in to your RingCentral Online Account
to know more.
This article discusses the following topics:
Add an Announcements-Only Extension
1. Under Phone System > Groups, go to the Others tab then click the New Announcement-Only Extension button.
2. Enter the Extension Number, Extension Name, and Email address of the Extension user. Click Save.
Activating an Announcements-Only Extension
IMPORTANT: You will receive an email confirmation for the user extension. Click the confirmation link provided in the email and follow the on-screen instructions. If you want to skip the activation process, you can always go back to it and resend a welcome email where the link can be found to activate it.
1. Go to Groups > Others tab then click Resend Invitation on the Announcement-Only Extension you want to activate.
2. Check your email and click on the link provided to activate the new extension.[Back to Topics]
Add a Direct Number for your Announcement-Only Extension.
1. Click the Announcement-Only Extension.
2. Click the Direct Numbers
tab. On the Direct Numbers
tab, click Add Direct Number
3. Select either Local (Domestic), Toll-Free, Vanity, or International Number. Follow the on-screen steps to continue. For more details on the steps, go to Groups - Add a Direct Number | RingCentral Online Account
Configuring an Announcements-Only Extension
Once the Announcements-Only Extension has been activated, you can now configure its settings. The following can be modified at this point:
• Extension Info allows you to edit the extension number, name, contact email address, security settings (password, security question and answer), and regional settings (time zone, time format, home country code, and greetings language) of a specific extension. You may also disable and delete your extension in this section.
• Announcement lets you set up the extension's announcement greeting. You may use the default system greeting, or create and upload your own greeting, or upload a previously recorded greeting.