Number Porting - Transfer your Local Number to RingCentral UK
You must be assigned to the Super Admin, Phones System Admin or Custom Role with permission to access Phone System > Company Numbers & Info to submit a Number Transfer Request and perform the steps below.
5. Under the Use My Existing Number
window, click Local Number
6. Select your current service provider and enter your service provider address.
7. The Pre-Check window has 7 preliminary questions which you need to answer with either a Yes
. Use the table below as a guide in answering the pre-check questions:
|1||Are the numbers you are transferring ACTIVE with your current Service Provider?||• It is not possible to transfer an inactive or a disconnected number.|
|2||Do you have the latest bill ready to be uploaded for the number you are transferring?||• If you do not have copy of your bill to upload, please understand that we may ask you for it at another time to assist with the correction of any rejections. This may also delay the processing time if we need to gather further information at a later date.|
|3||Do you currently have DSL/Broadband on any of the numbers you are transferring?||• You will lose your DSL/Broadband internet service if RingCentral transfers a phone number associated with your DSL/Broadband account. You must remove your DSL/Broadband internet service before the number is transferred. Please call your service provider and get a new phone number for your DSL/Broadband line before you submit your transfer request.|
|4||Are you transferring more than one local number?||• Transferring multiple numbers coming from only one account and provider might require your to address possible issues involving the numbers you are transferring.|
|5||Do you currently have any open orders with your current Service Provider?||• If you select Yes, you will need to cancel all open orders with your current provider or your transfer request will fail.|
|6||Are you transferring all of your numbers from your current Service Provider? ||• Select Yes to transfer all your numbers from the account associated with your current Service Provider.|
|7||Have you received your RingCentral phones?||• You should only transfer your numbers once you have received and set up your phones. If you are using existing phones or using these numbers strictly for forwarding calls to existing phones, click Yes.|
8. Enter your Billing Telephone Number (Main number of the account with your current provider), and then click Check. This is the first step required to check if your telephone number is transferrable to RingCentral.
1. What if I have more than one Billing Telephone Number?
If you are transferring numbers with different Billing Telephone Numbers, please create transfer request for each Billing Telephone Number.
2. What if I'm transferring a mobile number?
Please use the first phone number on your phone bill.
9. If you want to transfer/ port in your Billing Telephone Number to RingCentral, tick the box next to I want to transfer my Billing Telephone Number, and then click Next.
• If your Billing Telephone Number is the only number in your account, leave the box blank, and then click Next.
• If you want to port in / transfer the numbers associated with your Billing Telephone Number, enter the numbers separated by commas or semicolons in the box provided, and then click Next.
• Do not include your Billing Telephone Number on the list. If you want to include your Billing Telephone Number in the transfer request, tick I want to transfer my Billing Telephone Number.
If you are transferring more than 100 telephone numbers at a time, please contact project porting on Numbertransferemail@example.com
to discuss your options.
10. Review the list of numbers to be transferred, and then click Next
. For corrections, click the Back
11. Select your preferred transfer date by clicking on the Calendar
Please do not choose a Holiday, the order will be rejected from your losing carrier.
Processing times vary by order complexity and size. The actual transfer date may be later than the requested due date.
12. You have 2 options for the transfer number:
13. For security purposes, your local telephone provider (the current phone company that owns the number you are transferring) requires you to provide your information from the other provider, and then click Next.
IMPORTANT: Enter all information exactly as your current phone company has it on file. It may require you to contact your current provider.
1. Type of account - State if Business or Residential
2. Name on Account - Enter the name of the person authorized to make changes to the account.
3. Job title - Enter the Job title of the person authorized to make changes to the account.
4. Company Name - Only include if on the bill copy. Enter the company name exactly as it appears on your phone bill from the other provider.
5. Company registered number - Enter the registered number of your company.
6. Service Address - Provide the physical service address of the phone number. Do not enter billing addresses or P.O. boxes.
7. Registered address - Determine if the Registered address is the same as the service address. If not provide the physical registered address of the phone number.
8. Your Contact Phone Number - Enter a number where we can call you if there is a problem with the port request.
9. Current service provider - Select your current service provider from the drop down list.
10. Service provider address - Enter the address of your service provider.
11. Previous service provider - Enter the name of your previous service provider.
14. Please check the information you provided. It must match the information on the latest bill from the phone company from which you are transferring your number, and then click Next. Incorrect information will result in a drastic delay and/or rejection of your number port. For corrections, click the Back button.
IMPORTANT: You must notify your current phone company if you have any other phone numbers associated with your current billing telephone number (BTN) that you are not porting, and have those numbers switched to a different BTN. Otherwise, your provider will reject your transfer request.
15. Upload a copy of the latest bill of the number being transferred.
Click the Browse button to locate the file in your computer. The supported file format is PDF.
NOTE: If you are not ready to upload these documents now, click Next and you can do it later by following the steps in Checking the Status of your Transferred Numbers.
16. Click the Attach button to upload the file and click Next.
17. If you are not transferring all of your phone numbers in the same Billing Account Number, please list the remaining phone numbers on the box provided under the Additional Comments and the action to be taken for each phone number. Provide any additional information and instructions to support a successful porting experience.
9876543210 - remain
9871111111 - disconnect
18. Please enter your email address to receive all number porting notification emails, and then click Next. It is optional, and if you leave it empty, all notification emails will be sent to the System Admin user.
19. Click Download LOA and print it on your company letterhead. Sign the Letter of Authorisation (LOA). Click Next.
NOTE: Upload the LOA within the next 30 minutes, otherwise the order cannot be submitted successfully.
20. Click the Browse button to locate the file in your computer.
21. Click the Attach button to upload the file.
22. Click Complete.
NOTE: If you want to maintain the phone number with your current provider and only have the calls forwarded automatically to your RingCentral Account, go to Forwarding Calls to Your RingCentral Number. To check the status of your Transfer Request, go to Checking the Status of your Transferred Numbers.
The steps below covers the following topics:
1. Download the LOA (Letter of Authorization)
2. Upload the LOA (Letter of Authorization)
3. Upload the CoB (Copy of Billing)
4. Check the status of your Number Transfer Request
NOTE: You must be assigned to the Super Admin, Phones System Admin or Custom Role with permission to access Phone System > Company Numbers & Info to perform the steps below.