How to send faxes using email (Email-to-Fax)
1. Ensure that your email address is set on your RingCentral extension. For instructions, go to Setting User Details.
2. If you want to use Email-to-Fax using other Email Addresses, ensure that your alternate email address is added to your extension's Trusted Email Addresses List for sending faxes. For instructions, go to User: Configure Email allowed to send Faxes.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your email address is added to only 1 extension's Trusted Email Addresses list. If your email address is added to more than 1 extension's Trusted Emails list, RingCentral will not be able to identify which extension is sending the fax, thus the fax will fail to send.
3. Ensure that you are sending the fax (email) to less than 50 recipients.
4. If you want to send a fax message to more than 50 recipients at a time, then the Fax Broadcasting feature must be enabled on your account.
• To send a fax to an international number, enter (+) and the country code, followed by the phone number in the To: field, and followed by @rcfax.com.
• To send to multiple fax numbers, enter each number in the To: field separated by a semicolon (;) followed by a single space.
• You can also use the Cc: field to add more recipients.
How to send fax via email
NOTE: The steps below is applicable if you are sending a fax message to one (1) up to fifty (50) recipients or if you have not requested for the Fax Broadcasting feature to be enabled on your account. If the Fax Broadcasting feature is already enabled on your account and you want to send a fax to fifty-one (51) or more recipients, follow the instructions on Knowledge Article 11189: Send Fax to Multiple Recipients Using Email.
1. Open your email client, then compose a new message.
2. Enter the 10-digit phone number of your recipient in the To: field followed by the domain "@rcfax.com".
3. If you want to include a note and send a Fax Cover Page, type it in the Subject field of the email.
NOTE: The Fax Cover Page details and design will depend on what is set on your extension's Outbound Fax Settings. You can also configure your Outbound Fax Settings to remove the cover page when the email subject is blank. For more information, go to User: Configure Outbound Fax Settings.
4. Attach the documents you want to fax.
• Ensure that the attached files are supported. The filename of the attached files should not include ampersands (Example: &) or other special characters. For more information, go to Supported File Attachments for Faxes. Ensure that the total size of attached files does not exceed 20MB.
• You can also attach your customized fax cover page. See Send Fax via Email – Use a custom cover page to learn how you can customize your own fax cover page.
• Ensure that the email body is empty. Remove your signature, images or footnotes.
5. Click Send. You will receive an email confirmation containing the fax transmission results.