Head-Up Display (HUD) - Overview
Key Features & Benefits
• Single interface to manage incoming calls and presence from RingCentral Phone.
• View up to 100 user extensions' real-time presence status.
• Visibility of the currently active calls
• Ability to pickup incoming calls on behalf of other extensions.
• Quick transfer and conferencing.
• Easy list management: add, delete and re-arrange extensions (drag and drop) in the HUD list.
• Automatically synced across RingCentral Phone and desk phones.
• Search contacts within HUD.
Search for a Contact on HUD
Type the name of the contact or Extension (i.e., park location name) in the Search field. Typing characters in the search field will narrow down the results.
With the RingCentral Phone HUD, you can monitor your colleague's call with additional functionalities such as whisper, barge, takeover. Set up your account's presence, and call monitor permissions to utilize Call Monitoring for the RingCentral Phone HUD. For more information go to Call Monitoring - Head-up Display (HUD) - Monitor a Call
Park Locations is a feature on the RingCentral Phone HUD that allows you to park a call privately that can only be answered by users within the group. For more information go to Call Park - Use Park Locations | RingCentral Phone.
For setting up Presence Permissions, go to Setting up Permissions for a User to Monitor for Presence for more information.
Using RingCentral Phone Head-Up Display
See links below to optimize RingCentral Phone Head-Up Display features.
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Enable and Set up | RingCentral Phone
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Dock/Undock Window | RingCentral Phone
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Add/Remove Extension on list | RingCentral Phone
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Pre-Call Commands | RingCentral Phone
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Active Call Commands | RingCentral Phone
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Transfer Calls | RingCentral Phone
Head-Up Display (HUD) - Add to Conference | RingCentral Phone