RingCentral App - Conversation Stream Overview
General Navigation of the Conversation Stream
• The compose box is at the bottom of the page and new messages get added to the bottom of the conversation stream, by default. Older messages scroll off the top of the page, but you can scroll up to find them. There's no limit to how far back you can go, although for items that weren't posted recently you might want to use search instead.
• Click on the lock or the Favorite (star) icon beside the Team, Group, or name of the person you are chatting with to lock or to favorite the conversation. Click on the button to mark the post as a favorite. When you mark a post as a favorite, a Favorites section will be added to the left pane (if it wasn't already there from a previously favorited post or conversation). Clicking on the Favorites link will list all of your favorited posts. This is a great way to have quick access to a post that you know you'll want to refer to later.
NOTE: If your Message display is set to Combine all conversations under Messages, the Favorite section will not be displayed. Separate your Message display to display the Favorite section. See RingCentral App - Configure User Preferences to learn more. for more information.
• An arrow button will appear that allows you to jump right back to the most recent messages.
QUICK TIP: You can also change the direction of the conversation stream. Just click on your Profile Picture and go to Preferences > Conversation > Post Order.
Individual Messages in the Conversation Stream
When you hover on each message in the stream, the timestamp displayed at the right side is replaced by action buttons.
• Like - Click on the Like (thumbs up) button and you'll see your like added to the post's activity line. Hover on the count of likes to see the list of people that have liked the post.
• Bookmark - Click the Bookmark button to view all your bookmarked messages in one place. To remove the item as bookmarked, go back to the item and click the Bookmark button again.
• Pin - Click on the Pin button to easily find most needed items quickly. You can find pinned items on the right shelf. To unpin the item, simply go back to the item and click the Pin button again.
• Create Task - Available button when you hover on a message. You cannot create a task on a shared file, image, or video.
• Gear or More Actions - click to see more commands:
• Move To... - Click when you want to move your own posted message to a different conversation stream. You can only move your own message. Posts that are replies cannot be moved, as the reply must remain in the same conversation as the original post.
• Quote - Click to quote a message any where from the Conversation Stream. You cannot quote a shared file, image or video.
• View Details - Select View Details and the Details view for the given item will slide in over the right pane. It summarizes all of the information about the item, including a history of any changes and any replies, and allows you to post a reply of your own. For images (i.e., JPG, PNG or GIF files), selecting View Details opens the image in the Interactive Viewer where you can view the image in large format and even annotate it. For notes, it opens the note in the Note Viewer where you'll see the note displayed full-page and add in-line replies.
• Edit Post - Select Edit Post to edit the post. If the post is a chat message, then you'll be able to edit it right in the stream. For all other content types, like tasks or events, editing is done in a form identical to the one used to originally compose the post.
• Edit Filename - Click to edit the filename of a shared file, image or video.
• Delete - Select Delete Post to delete the post.
NOTE: You can only delete messages that you posted yourself (unless you are an Admin).
Sometimes one message on RingCentral App will contain more than one item. For example, you can upload multiple files at the same time, or have a chat message that contains multiple links. In these cases, the options under the gear menu allow you to edit, delete, or the view the details of each item individually.
RingCentral App - Overview