RingCentral App - Tasks App Overview
• Click More
at the bottom of the Left Pane, and then select Tasks
Click on any task in the list and its Details view will slide in over the right pane (as depicted below). You can view all of the task's details here, see its history, and add replies.
The drop-down lists at the top of the page allow you to:
• Show All Tasks, your own task list, tasks assigned to a specific person, tasks posted by a specific person, or tasks from a specific team. If you have any of your teams organized into folders, you can also select the folder so that you can see just tasks associated with teams in the given folder.
• See Status of Pending, All or Completed tasks. Changes to a task's completion status or assignee will trigger automated messages to the conversation in which the task was posted so that all of the appropriate people are aware of the change.
• Sort tasks by the Conversation they were posted in, by Color, by Section, by Due date or by Assignee.
• Tasks can also be reordered via drag-and-drop. Just place your mouse over the Index column (i.e., the numbering of each row) at the start of any task's row and click-and-drag on the grid that appears over the task's number. When the Tasks app is sorted by section, due date, assignee or color, you can actually change the section, due date, assignee or color for a task by dragging it into a different grouping. When sorted by section, you can also reorder the sections themselves by dragging the section headers.
QUICK TIP: When you have the Tasks app grouped by Section, the section names are editable. Just click on the section’s name to start editing.
• The Gear button at the top-right of the page allows you to change some of the default behavior of the Tasks app.
• Show Grid Lines - Displays horizontal separators between each task.
• Show Columns - Allows you to add additional columns to the display in the Tasks app. If you’re doing basic task management, just having Due date may suffice, but for more advanced project management you might want to also display Start date and Days. There's also an option here to "Show Sort Column". To save space in the Tasks app, the field that you are sorting on isn't displayed as a column. Select this option if you'd like the sort column to be displayed as well.
• Show Assignees - Assignees can be displayed by their names or their headshots.
Before you start adding tasks in-line (i.e., via the New Task rows), it's important to understand which conversation the tasks will get posted to
1. Add a new task
by clicking on the New Task
button at the top of the Tasks page
, or click the Plus
button on a conversation stream, and then select New Task
A New Task
window will open.
2. Enter the information on the fields provided, and then click Post Task
when done.• Task Title
- Enter your preferred title.• Assignee
- Just start typing a name and a list of matches for you to select from will appear automatically. • Duration
- You can set the Start Date
, Due Date
, Due Time
, and Days
. This option is optional.• Repeat
- You can set the recurrence of the task. You can set to Every day
, Every weekday
, Every week
, Every month
, or Every year
. This is optional.• Complete when
- You can set the task to be marked as Checked
, Checked by all assignees
, or 100% done
once complete. This is optional.• Color
- You can set the color of the task. This is optional.• Section
- Add a section name or title for the task. This is optional.• Description
- Add a description and other details of the task. This is optional.•
You can also click Attach File
to add files. Ticking on the After saving, create another task
check box will automatically generate a New Task window after you click Post Task
If you have the Tasks app filtered to show just tasks for a specific team, any tasks you add will be posted to the given team. If you have the Tasks app filtered to show All Tasks, and have them grouped by Conversation, then tasks you add will be posted to the conversation corresponding to the grouping you're in. In most other cases, absent an explicit conversation context, any tasks you add will get posted to a conversation between you and the given assignee(s). Or, the Me
conversation if there is no assignee, or the task is assigned to you.
Managing Task on Task Page
• Edit Tasks on the Task Page
Click on the Pencil
button to edit the task. An Edit Task
window will launch.•
Clicking on the task will also show the details on the Shelf
or Right Pane
Manage Tasks on a Conversation Stream
• Edit Tasks on a Conversation Stream
. Click on the Gear
or More Actions...
button on a task, and then click Edit Task
.Other things you can do when clicking the Gear or More Actions... • Move To..
. - Move tasks to a different Team or Conversation Stream. Only the team member who created the task can move the task
- Quote tasks that have been edited or added some notes. Newly created tasks cannot be quoted
.• View Details
- View details of the task. Details will be opened on the Shelf
or Right Pane
. Only the team member who created the task can move the task
.• Edit Task
- Clicking this option will launch the Edit Task
window. You can Any team member can edit tasks.• Delete Task
- Delete the task. Only the team member who created the task can delete the task.
View details on the Shelf or Right Pane
Clicking on a task from the Task page
or clicking on View details
will launch the task details on the Shelf or Right Pane
. You can View the task where it was first posted
the task, Move
, or Delete
Any team member can add tasks and notes.•
All Team Admins can share, delete, and edit tasks.•
All Team members can edit and share tasks.•
Only the Task creator can move a task from one conversation stream to another.•
Only the Team Admin or task creator can see replies of non-team member. - This happens in this scenario: A task is assigned to a non-team member on a one-on-one conversation or different conversation stream, and then the task is reassigned to a team member. The former assignee (non-team member) replied to the task. The new assignee(team member) did not see the reply See Also:RingCentral App - Start and Manage ProjectsRingCentral App - Overview