Configure User Preferences
Click on your Profile Picture on the upper-right corner of the page to access your Preferences. From here you can configure your email, mobile and desktop notifications, select sounds to be played for incoming messages, and customize your RingCentral App experience.
Administrators can activate this feature for Users in the account. See RingCentral App - Enable Telephony in your Account to learn how.
This menu is composed of the following sub-menus:
Phone Calls - This menu lets you enable or disable the RingCentral App (Glip) from making and receiving phone calls. When this is set to OFF, you can use the RingCentral Phone to make calls. See RingCentral Phone Overview for more information.
Default Number - Click the drop-down arrow to select the number to be displayed when you are calling another person.
NOTE: This will only change your Outbound Caller ID. The number associated with your Profile is always going to be the number that is attached to your Extension as your direct Number when you first logged in to RingCentral App.
Emergency Address - Click Edit to modify the physical location address used for public and emergency calls. Click CONFIRM to save the information.
NOTE: You need to confirm your address if you want to modify this feature.
You can dial local calls without dialing country and area code first with this feature. You can also select your Country and Default Area Code.
NOTE: This is available when RingCentral App is enabled to make and receive Phone Calls and when your address is confirmed.
This menu lets you select the device for the Microphone, Speaker, and Ringer. It also allows you to adjust the App's volume.
Email & Mobile Notifications
You can configure notifications for the following categories of messages
• Direct Messages - Notifies you about your direct messages. You can toggle ON or OFF the notification for Mobile. You can set to receive Email notifications for Every 15 minutes, Every hour or OFF.
• Teams - Notifies you about messages posted to your teams. You can set to receive Mobile notifications for Every message, First unread message only or OFF. You can set to receive Email notifications for Every 15 minutes, Every hour or OFF.
• Mentions - Notifies you about messages where you’ve been directly @mentioned. You can toggle ON or OFF the notification for Mobile and Email.
• Missed Calls, Voicemails and Faxes - Notifies you when you have a missed call, new voicemail or fax. You can toggle ON or OFF the notification for Mobile ONLY.
• Video Calls - Notifies you when someone wants to video call. You can toggle ON or OFF the notification for Mobile ONLY
• Today - When enabled, you will be notified of your task for the day. This will send you a notification via Email ONLY when enabled.
• Your status automatically changes to Away after 15 minutes of no activity on the App or when you are in a call or a meeting. See RingCentral App - Unified Presence Overview to learn more. You can also manually set a custom away message by clicking on your Profile Picture > Share Status.
• The setting for Mentions and Video Calls take precedence over Teams. For example, you may have notifications turned OFF for Teams, but if you have Mentions enabled, you’ll still receive notifications when you’re @mentioned in a team.
• By default, mobile notifications are on for Mentions and Video Calls, but OFF for Teams. Email notifications, on the other hand, are on by default for Teams, Mentions, and Glip Today.
• You will only receive mobile notifications if you are either not logged into their desktop app or your desktop app window is minimized.
You can toggle the button ON beside Enable Desktop Notifications. When enabled you can be notified if there are:
• New Messages - You can select from the drop-down arrow to be notified when you receive Direct Messages and @mentions, or for All new message.
• Incoming Calls - You can select from the drop-down to turn ON or OFF desktop notifications for incoming phone calls.
• Missed Calls and New Voicemails - You can select from the drop-down to turn ON or OFF desktop notifications for missed calls and new voicemails..
If there are specific conversations for which you don't want to receive desktop notifications, just click on the gear menu at the top of the conversation and un-check the Desktop Notifications option.
If you're using Chrome, Firefox or Safari, desktop notifications are handled by the browser and can be enabled here on the Account Settings page. If you're using Internet Explorer, you'll need to install Glip's Windows Desktop application in order to receive desktop notifications.
NOTE: If you have notifications completely turned off in your web browser, you’ll need to go to your browser’s settings and either allow any site to show desktop notifications or at least allow sites to ask for permission to show them. Any time that you access Glip from a new web browser you’ll be prompted to enable desktop notifications for that browser.
The RingCentral App gives you very granular control of the sounds that are played for incoming new messages.
• Default - Default sound for incoming messages
• 1-on-1 - Sound for incoming messages to 1-on-1 conversations.
• @mention - Sound when incoming message @mentions me
• Incoming Calls - Sound for incoming phone calls
• Video Call - Sound for incoming video call requests
You can select from one of RingCentral App's color themes.
Customize your RingCentral App experience with the following:
• New Message Badges (Beta) - Show a new message badge in the left panel for these message types. You can set the badges to show to All new messages or Direct messages and @mentions only.
• Left Pane Organization - Controls how message streams are grouped in the left pane. Messages can be shown as Separate People, Group, and Team conversations; Combine People and Groups, but keep Team separate; or Combine all conversations under Messages. See RingCentral App - Left Pane to learn more.
NOTE: If you select Combine all conversations under Messages, a Messages button will appear on the left pane, and then a New Message window will pop-up. Enter the name/s or email addresses and click Continue to send a message. You can also click Send Text, then click Continue to send a text message.
• Max Conversations - Sets the number of conversations to display in each section of the Left Pane. You can show up to 60 conversations.
• Team Folders - Shows team folders on the Left Pane.
• Posts Order - Choose between top-posting or bottom-posting in conversation streams. You can select between Bottom Posting (default) or Top Posting.
• Link Previews - Toggle the button to display link previews in conversation streams.
• Keyboard Shortcuts - Enables keyboard shortcuts.
• Deletion Confirmation - Requires confirmation when you delete voicemails, faxes, and call recordings.
• Integration app URLs - Toggle the button to convert integration URLs to objects in the conversation stream.
If you would like to change your password, click Set Password
under this section. Enter and Confirm New Password
. Click SET PASSWORD