Number Porting - Requirements to transfer number to RingCentral
• The numbers you are transferring must be ACTIVE with your current Service Provider.
• You have the latest bill ready to be uploaded for the number you are transferring.
• You have received and set up your RingCentral Phones. Exemption: If you are using existing phones or using these numbers strictly for forwarding calls to existing phones.
• No open orders with your current Service Provider.
• No DSL/Broadband service associated with the phone number you are requesting to transfer.
• No Centrex service, remote Call Forward (RCF), Ring Mate, ISDN or distinctive ring on the phone number you are requesting to transfer. Please contact your current provider and have these features removed
• You must notify your current phone company if you have any other phone numbers associated with your current billing telephone number (BTN) that you are not porting, and have those numbers switched to a different BTN. Otherwise, your provider will reject your transfer request.
TIP: To verify if your number is portable to RingCentral, click this link and enter your number at the bottom of the page.
Additional Requirements for International Numbers:
To use your existing International Virtual Number with RingCentral, we require additional documentation including letter of authorization and proof of address. Please call RingCentral US at 1-800-820-3676 and 1-925-301-8209 for additional information on how to port your existing International Virtual Number.
IMPORTANT: Transferring existing numbers is defined and regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in United States and Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) in Canada. We make every effort to transfer your number to RingCentral in a timely manner. However, the actual transfer and the time of your transfer depends on the cooperation and release of the telephone number from your current telephone service provider. Business SMS (if available on your service plan) activation could take 72 hours up to 5 additional business days after your number is transferred. Only the phone number may be transferred to RingCentral for those bundled with DSL service. Visit the links below to learn more about telephone number transferring.
RingCentral US: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/porting-keeping-your-phone-number-when-you-change-providers
RingCentral Canada: http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm