As of January 15, 2016, Users will be unable to use the outdated RingCentral SoftPhone app. RingCentral will no longer support the RingCentral SoftPhone app and Users are required to use the improved version, the RingCentral for Desktop app.
Upgrade to the latest version of the RingCentral for Desktop app.
IMPORTANT: To complete installation of RingCentral for Desktop, Users must uninstall the old SoftPhone application. For instructions on uninstalling the SoftPhone application, go to Updating to the RingCentral Desktop App from the Old Softphone
Learn more about RingCentral for Desktop by clicking on the links below:
RingCentral for Desktop Features and Benefits
RingCentral for Desktop Top FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
• Great productivity with one desktop app for call, fax, text, conferencing and online meetings.
NOTE: Conferencing and Online Meetings are available with RingCentral Office only. Business SMS (Text) is available to RingCentral US and Canada. RingCentral UK can only send Business SMS (text) to contacts with their Company Directory.
• Plug in a headset and turn your computer to a day-to-day communications hub.
• HD voice quality for clearer sound.
NOTE: HD Voice is available only for select Office plans.
• Advanced call management while on a call; mute, transfer, record, park, place on hold, or flip a call.
• Access your company directory within the app to reach your colleagues for a quick chat or call.
• Head-up display (HUD) lets you view your colleagues’ real-time presence and manage incoming calls with easy call transfer, call pick-up, and more.
NOTE: HUD and phone presence is available with RingCentral Office.
• Empower supervisors to train staff with options to listen in calls, whisper to staff, and join conversation.
• Easily start a conference call with one click. Each user has his/her own bridge number and access codes.
• Send a conferencing invitation with international dial-in numbers.
• Easy multi-way calling; add up to four callers to an existing call and split calls anytime.
• Send/receive texts directly from your desktop/laptop with an option to select a caller ID for better corporate branding.
• Text to individuals or to groups; view single text thread communicated within your colleagues.
• Message and call log synchronizes with the cloud and your mobile devices.
• Integrated with RingCentral Meetings; host or join an online meeting directly from your RingCentral for Desktop.
• Seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Outlook®—make calls, send texts and faxes to your contacts from within Outlook.
NOTE: Available for RingCentral for Windows only, and requires Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later.
• Screen calls by viewing callers’ numbers and names. Choose to ignore calls, send callers to voicemail, or reply with a message that will be read to the caller in real time.
• Receive and send faxes directly from your desktop with options to save, forward, resend and more.
1. What devices does the RingCentral for Desktop work on?
RingCentral for Desktop works on 32/64-bit Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
2. What are the system requirements for installing the RingCentral for Desktop?
The system requirements are:
Windows 7 and 8
1 GHz (32-bit) or 2 GHz (64-bit) processor
Minimum of 512 MB of memory
200 MB of hard drive space
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or above
Minimum of 512 MB of memory
100 MB of hard drive space
3. Do I need to uninstall my current Softphone app before installing the new version of new RingCentral for Desktop?
Yes. For instructions on uninstalling the Softphone application, go to Updating to the RingCentral Desktop App from the Old Softphone.
4. Will the messages in RingCentral for Desktop sync up with the messages in my account online?
Yes. All the calls, faxes, and voicemails are synchronized instantly. Text messages will synchronize with your RingCentral Mobile App as well.
5. What is the difference between the older version of the Softphone app and RingCentral for Desktop?
To compare the older version of our Softphone and the new RingCentral for Desktop app, view comparison chart here.
6. Is calling and texting available on the RingCentral for Desktop apps?
Currently calling is only available on US Office plans and texting is only available on US and Canadian Office plans.
RingCentral for desktop app Overview
Installing RingCentral for Desktop (Windows)
Installing RingCentral for Desktop (Mac)